Finally saying hello!

Options
So I have been tracking on mfp since January and once in a while I come over here an lurk around, but because I'm such an introvert I have not yet officially introduced myself. So hello! I am slowly crawling out of my shell here, my name is Niki I am 31, married, work full time and have twin daughters who are 10 and another little girl who is 3. The reason why I am on this site is because I was super skinny (5' 10" 115-120 pounds) all through high school and 2 years into college and then I got pregnant with my twins in my early 20's and that is when things flip flopped. Through not getting adequate excersize and terrible eating habits I am now 226 pounds and considered obese as far as BMI goes :embarassed: . Even just typing that and admitting it to the world is very embarassing but there it is! I have lost 23 pounds since January 15th (I was 249 when I started ) my goal is to lose a total of 120 pounds by next January 15th. After 10 years of failing to lose weight due to my own lack of determination I am finally at a place in my life where I am ready to conquer this huge goal and really actually make it happen this time. I have decided enough is enough and I am determined as hell to make this happen!! I would have given up weeks ago in the past so I think I am proving it to myself more and more everyday!! So good luck to all of you who are working at doing the same thing, as we all know it is certainly not easy but I think it will be more than worth it when we finally cross that finish line!!!

Replies

• tngfordisney
    Options
    Great Job on the 23lbs. Feel free to add me if you wish.

rick
  • Seabreeze78
    Options
    oh honey, good for you on taking the 1st step in introducing yourself to everyone, and for losing 23 lbs. that's awesome! And don't be embarassed about your weight...I'll throw mine out there too, I'm at 215, nothing that I'm proud of but at least admitting it shows we own it and we want to change it. Good luck on the journey! feel free to add me
  • CosmicGate
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm just getting rolling
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I want to lose approx 80 more pounds.
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    Nice job in losing what you have so far. I am new to this site and believe me it took a while to get the courage to make an effort. I would always look at the gym and get so intimidated that I would just keep walking. It really took me about a year to finally join. Glad you are doing it! I need to lose 50 lbs, also work full time and have two teens. It's hard to find time, but we can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Dianesprings
    Dianesprings Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    congratlations on 23 lbs, girl! I think that's awesome. this is my first week and I started at 213 - I'm down to 208.6 and delighted because I LOVe to eat the wrong things - SWEET things!

I'm very new at MFP, although an old hand at dieting, I'm sad to say. Hang in there and maybe we can do this together. I've got 38.6 lbs to go!

Think LIGHT! :):wink:
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB IM SENDING A ADD
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the responses so far and all the new friends! After 3 months I was starting to fall into a slump and I am feeling freshly motivated thanks to all of you. :happy: We can do this!
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    Friend request sent! Good luck to you!
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    add me 2 if u like.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    awwwww you're so cute <3

Congratulations on your success so far and good luck with the rest of your journey!!!

Together we'll all succeed!!!! ^_^
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Because my extrovertedness embraces your introvertedness, I sent you a friend request. One of my best friends is an introvert and so I am learning just how hard that is for you guys to put yourself out there like that. Good luck to you in your journey and should you accept my friend request I will gladly support you.
  • lensgirl82
    Options
    Congrats!!! you've already accomplished a lot :) dont get discouraged, thats why friends are great to have....motivation :) sending an add now :)
  • jsalas979
    Options
    Great job on your progress! Determination and support will help you along. Friend request sent!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I will send a friends request and check in the groups section for new challenges. They really keep you motivated and there are always new ones starting up. :flowerforyou:
  • busymommyx3
    Options

Thank you! I am excited to join :)
  • busymommyx3
    Options
    Because my extrovertedness embraces your introvertedness, I sent you a friend request. One of my best friends is an introvert and so I am learning just how hard that is for you guys to put yourself out there like that. Good luck to you in your journey and should you accept my friend request I will gladly support you.

My best friend is extremely extroverted! We compliment eachother nicely (most of the time lol) :) Thanks for the add!
  • busymommyx3
    Options
    I will send a friends request and check in the groups section for new challenges. They really keep you motivated and there are always new ones starting up. :flowerforyou:

That sounds enticing, I will look into it thank you!
  • jveinot
    jveinot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nice to meet you! I am Julie and am just getting started. I have a rare liver disease called Porphyria and have gained so much weight since starting on the high carb and needing sugar during my attacks. I am also a mom of 2 little ones. A boy, 6 years old and a little girl who is 3. I feel so blessed to have my kids with this disease. They are such a comfort to me. When the disease got bad I was vomiting all the time but weighed 130 pounds and now I am .......I can hardly say it, 260. I do not want to gain one more pound! I cannot fast too much as it affectx the disease so this is going to be difficult but I want to do this! Can we please encourage each other? We can do this together! Having children is so hard on a woman as the weight gain is difficult. My daughter was born at 10 pounds and I was 230 with that pregnancy but I got my weight back down and then the disease hit BAM from the dieting. Hope I can encourage and help you too. Nice to meet you! Fee free to add me :0)