Scales: to buy or not to buy

Options
I read an article a few months ago about how people who own scales and weigh themselves every day have a better chance of keeping motivated in terms of weight loss goals. Since motivation is my number one problem, I'm wondering how people on this site like their scales? Are they motivating? Are they soul-crushing?

Replies

• maranatha777
    Options
    I weigh everyday, both first thing in the morning and at night before bed. Many people will say this is bad but the main thing that I remember is that my weight will change throughout the day (normally by about 3-5lbs). For me it helps me to stay motivated and also to change something if the numbers look "off".

As for my actual scale, I don't like it much (it's about 5 years old) and I want a new one, I just haven't decided which one to get yet, Lol!
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    I would say it depends in you. Personally, I've had some months where I cannot get off them to the point my boyfriend has hid them!! But if you will use them correctly then they're a useful tool x
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Love the scale. It's nothing more than a measuring tool. The number does not define me.

I get on the scale every morning so I can see where I'm at and to see if I have any DOMS or extra water retention. I officially weigh in on Sundays, so I only record that number.

The scale is my friend and it keeps me motivated.