Addiction to sugar?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I also am addicted to sugar. I've been in denial for so long and I'm coming to the conclusion that I can't have it. It destroys my eating and sends me into a frenzy every single time. Then it takes me several days to get back on track. The longer I'm off of it, the easier it is to stay away from it. I eat fresh fruit that tastes sweet to take that desire away. Sometimes I crave sugar after I eat a meal, so now I eat a date afterwards and it helps take the desire away. I also have 1/4 cup of raw almonds with 1/2 grapes when I feel like I want to eat sugar. It really has helped me. I just know that this drug called sugar is NOT my friend and it destroys my healthy eating.
    Good luck to you!
    You explained how this works for me as well... unfortunately. I do find to get back off of it that going a day without, then another and by the 3rd day I've not got the strong crazy cravings like day 1. Seems if I eat simple carbs, I crave them like crazy, so not eating them seems to be cure for me.

Other than a square of dark chocolate which I do seem to get a different effect from, it doesn't take me down the same road.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I have two "tricks". I keep these two snacks on hand: Fiber One Chocolate Fudge 90 calorie Brownies and Fun Sized York Peppermmint Patties. They help me with my sweet tooth. God bless!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Okay - here is a recipe that totally helped my sugar craving. But then I ate way too many. Oops. MIght get you over the hump though and great for a pre-workout snack. Sorry, I never measure. Just do to taste or preference.

1/2 cup 100% natural peanut butter or almond or cashew butter (my favorite)
    1 tbsp vanilla
    cinnamon
    1/2 cup oats
    1/4 cup dried cranberries or chocolate chips (or a mix)
    sunflower seeds
    Pumpkin seeds
    sesame seeds
    chia seeds
    ground flax

You could even add shredded coconut

Directions
    Mix and roll up into bite-sized balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating. Important to remember that you should be eating no more than 1 or 2 energy balls per day (and best before your workout.)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumpin...again:tongue: