any good ground beef recipes?

Options
paulieboy113
paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
I am looking for any good low cal/fat recipes for ground beef, let me know what you got.

Replies

• mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    beef lettucs wraps :
    3 1/2 oz lean beef
    1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
    3/4 tsp sweetener
    1-2 cloves minced garlic
    1 tbs minced onion
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    3/4 tsp grated ginger
    1 C shredded cabbage....cook the beef/garlic/onion/add the liquids w/sweetener/top w/cabbage/slap on a lid cook for 10 mins and devide between romain leaves (3 or 4)
    250 cal
    may add a little water to steam cabbage but not too much...make it weak
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Like cabbage?? Brown and cook beef with onion and seasonings I like worsteshire sp? then slice a whole head of cabbage into thin strips throw in with hamburger add chicken broth cook down untill desired doneness of cabbage ( I like mine soft with most liquid boiled off. I do not have nutrition info but you can enter into recipes supper feeling and low cal/carb etc
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Zuccini Boats

Slice about 6 zuccini in half
    Hollow out the halves of zuccini
    brown your ground beef and add pasta sauce
    Fill each zuccini boat with meat and sauce
    Top with light cheese of your choice
    Cover dish with foil
    Bake at 425 for about 45 minutes.

They come out nice and soft and yummy. My eleven year old son loves these and they make great left overs for lunch !
  • Angybabefitzg
    Angybabefitzg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Zuccini Boats

Slice about 6 zuccini in half
    Hollow out the halves of zuccini
    brown your ground beef and add pasta sauce
    Fill each zuccini boat with meat and sauce
    Top with light cheese of your choice
    Cover dish with foil
    Bake at 425 for about 45 minutes.

They come out nice and soft and yummy. My eleven year old son loves these and they make great left overs for lunch !

mmmm
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS GREAT :)
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • r_keller
    r_keller Posts: 21
    Options
    I am looking for any good low cal/fat recipes for ground beef, let me know what you got.

You can replace ground beef with ground turkey in most things without a huge taste difference, and it's pretty good for ya too! Where I live, there isn't much of a cost difference but I'd imagine that varies by area.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes those zuccini boats sound wonderful... :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper Soup from Cooking Light

1/2 pound ground round 2 cups chopped green bell pepper 1 cup chopped onion 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted 1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice

Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked white rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.

*Variations: for tomato soup I use Amy's or Progresso - Campbell's is super sweet (yuck). I also like to add some basil. You can use brown rice. Red & green pepper combo is nice.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The absolute BEST Shephers Pie you've had!!! (Oh, and I sometimes use 93% or higher fat free ground beef).

8 medium uncooked red potatoes, peeled and quartered
    5 tsp olive oil, divided
    1/4 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
    3/4 cup(s) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese, divided
    1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
    1/2 cup(s) (chopped) uncooked onion(s), chopped
    12 oz uncooked ground turkey breast
    2 cup(s) uncooked zucchini, or yellow summer squash, sliced
    14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, chunky pasta-style, undrained
    6 oz canned tomato paste
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 spray(s) cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 375°F.

Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and place back in pot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil, milk, 1/4 cup of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until fluffy; set aside.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of oil and heat until it shimmers. Add onion and turkey, and cook until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes; drain off any fat. Stir in zucchini or squash, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper; bring to a boil.

Coat an 8 1/2- X 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Spread potato mixture on top of turkey mixture, covering it completely. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until potato mixture is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.

Cals: 424; Fat: 9; Fiber: 4; Carbs: 38; Protein: 43
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    beef lettucs wraps :
    hidden valley ranch dip mix
    ~1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken broth
    1/2 minced onion
    3-4 garlic cloves
    red pepper flakes to taste
    2 handfulls baby bella mushrooms chopped large
    hand full shredded carrots
    1 zuccini chopped large
    romain lettuce boats

Saute the garlic, onion, carrots and red pepper in cooking spray
    add the beef
    when almost fully cooked add the mushrooms and zuccini
    cook for about 5 mins
    add the ranch powder and just enough broth to mix the powder and deglaze the pan (do not make it saucey)
    Cook for about another 5 mins
    Serve in romain leaves

Great with ground chicken breast also
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    We usually get our meat processed at a local butcher, so we always tell them to do it completely lean. That helps so much to lower the fat! I like to do lettuce wrap "tacos" make sure you watch the sodium though, because the seasoning is usually really high. I like fat free sour cream and tomatoes on mine. I use part skim mozzarella or pepper jack if I have the calories. It's only about 125 cal for each one this way.

Make sure you RINSE your meat when you can to get rid of as much grease as you can, ESP if you can't get lean beef!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

You can replace ground beef with ground turkey in most things without a huge taste difference, and it's pretty good for ya too! Where I live, there isn't much of a cost difference but I'd imagine that varies by area.

Read the labels, always. I was very surprised at how high in fat some ground turkey can be. Your leanest "ground" beef is called ground sirloin or next rung down is ground round.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    yum those zucchini boats sound great! Thanks!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love making cheeseburger pizza.
    Instead of pizza sauce, mix some ketchup and mustard together and sauce the pizza that way. Sprinkle browned ground beef over it, along with diced onions, chopped dill pickles, then add mozzerella and cheddar cheese. Depending on what cheese and crust you use, it's not bad. (if you don't count sodium, that is ;-)

You can also make taco pizza.

Er, can you tell I like pizza? LOL
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I like making my own homemade burgers! You can put things you like in the meat (i love adding jalapenos, cheese, bacon bits, garlic, etc.), form the patty, and cook it!

I eat them with whole wheat flatbread and they're fantastic!