Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and have been for quite awhile. My food diary is open, if you want to take a look and get some ideas of what its like. I'm not a big fan of the processed fake meat products so its mostly the old fashion nuts, beans, cheese stuff. :)
  • ajd8663
    ajd8663 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know if those are the right reasons. Cancer is insidious. Lets say you get cancer would you then conclude it was from reducing your red meat intake, or whatever. .........I'm at that age where people start getting cancers more regularily. My best friends wife, vegan, holistic medicine practioner, diet last year of cancer and my wifes lifelong friend, who is also a person that is a vegetarian, teaches yoga just found out she has cancer........this has no corrolation whatsoever, but what could they have done to dietary wise to reduce their chances of cancer.

I'm just using that as one health condition that MAY be associated with diet. I know it is not the strongest correlation by far. Those studies were just what gave me the idea. The strongest health reason I have is that one of my parents was adopted, and we don't have any history from that side, so I'm not sure what, if any, genetic conditions may be present.
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for the last 4 years, and I love it! I haven't had any nutritional deficiencies, and just had a round of bloods done including checking for iron and b12 deficiency ( because I'm a vege) and they came back perfect! I do take a multivitamin with probiotic though, which I have always done ... Just having to start on a gluten free diet as well due to intolerance.
    I eats lots of pulses, salads and naughtily cheese... Hence why I'm here!
    :-)