another Low-Carb post.. i'm new & need HELP..

Options
hi, i recently just joined MFP to switch to a much healthier lifestyle and lose weight. i am around 5'4 135 lbs with the goal weight of 120.. i carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs..

also recently just got a gym membership, have heard great success with doing low carb and high protein.. would love to hear from anyone HERE with success on losing weight/body fat.. how low of carbs did u eat? what did ur meal plans consist of? i really need help, appreciate it.. thankyou

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I switched to Keto (low carb/high fat) on March 1st. I'm not surprised you heard about low carb at the gym, a lot of people like it for maintaining muscle while cutting body fat... or at least losing very little muscle during the process. It's why I switched and it's working.

Net 20 carbs for a few weeks to get yourself into ketosis, the first few weeks will be brutal (google keto flu or induction flu). But once you get through that you should be fine, you can also start upping your carbs a bit, just make sure you stay in ketosis.

You may find you lack energy during cardio/strength due to the lack of carbs, but if you can push through it, you will be rewarded.

As for the foods? Just check the labels, subtract dietary fibers from the carbs for the net carbs. No dietary fiber? Then the carbs listed is the net. Mainly it's just meats, cheeses, veggies, and some other things.