Would you...

Options
get a tattoo with a reference to your spouse/partner? I already have tattoos representing my children and am now toying with the idea of getting a tattoo for my husband. Something like a heart made of our thumb prints, his initals, etc. Would you do it or is it too permanent in a time of such high divorce rates? We have been together for almost 18 years and happily married for almost 12...

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have an ex who has still got my name tattooed on his arm after almost 24 years and two wives...
  • wee_wolfie
    wee_wolfie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Partner/spouse tattoos are the death knell for relationships...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my fiance and I are getting this done

18577417182729891_pZScDVHH_b.jpg

I admit I'm a little hesitant. I always thought you should never get a tattoo of your spouse "just in case" and I know plenty of people who now have the initials of their ex on their thigh or something. But i figure if something does happen, i can just finish the heart, color it in black, and have a representation of what i'm feeling lol
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of names.I like the idea of something that symbolizes your relationship.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My partner and I recently got engaged - we plan to get married next May and we're both going to get symbolic tattoos to represent the other / our relationship. I would never get someone's name / physical image, etc. I think a symbol that is meaningful to us is a good choice, because it represents our bond but is also safe in that, should anything ever happen to sever the relationship, the symbol can take on a new meaning.
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    No never a partner. My tattoo artist won't do partner's names anymore, as he was getting too many people coming back within months of having it done, to have it re-done, as they'd broken up.

I've got my children's names on each foot though
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get his name as a tattoo. Maybe a symbol or something but never a name.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I wouldn't get a tattoo...so my answer is no. Question is: would you?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Well, I guess I can do his first initial, which is the same as mine. =D
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    nope
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't.