Do You Like It When Your Food Touches?

Options

Replies

• k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    For those of you who can't stand your food to touch, what do you do when you go to a nice restaurant and the Chef has composed a beautiful dish for you? You know that every bite should contain a bit of everything on the plate, right? All of it. At the same time. For texture and flavor and balance?
    I'm totally fine with food that is meant to go together, but if my rice touches my salad, I turn into an idiot.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    ewwww I HATE for my food to touch. drives me insane!! go to a restaurant and they always throw everythinng omn a plate touching and i have to geta bowl n seperate it. cant stand it. idc if its supposed to go together or not it cant touch
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I HATE when my food touches!! So do you like when your food touch?

Nine times out of ten I mix it all together. I love mixing flavors. Unless it is a favorite flavor then I keep it separate so I can savor it. The fiancé is just the opposite. She makes sure to separate everything.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do! Especially when it's corn, potatoes, gravy, and a meat like turkey or ham. (Holiday food.) I love mixing it all together!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Depends upon the food. Not really anal about the touching, but sometimes I eat them separately and others I mix. They all blend in the gut anyway! Just sayin'!
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    I love it. I mix everything together or stack it up.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It used to be a problem for me when I was young but I have overcome that issue and now it doesn't matter if they touch. Don't like but don't hate it like I used to.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    The majority of the time, no. If I have certain items touch another on the plate, I won't eat it.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to date a guy who would segregate his fruit loops according to colour. He also complained when I made wild rice - said it would be much simpler for him if I made the domesticated kind. Ha.

Me? I could careless...it's all going to the same place :-)
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My 8yo daughter is like that, she will not something if it touches
    me, i love mixing my food together, ex: eggs in grits or syrup...yams in greens etc
    i love mixing
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't mind my food touching, but I will only eat one thing at a time. I do not go back and forth between foods LOL.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yes i do sometimes i mix it together to make it taste even better, but that's just me;)

this^^ especially corn & mashed potatoes.. yuuummm
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My mom buys those disposable plates with the separate compartments for me for holidays. I'm not all weird about it, but I really prefer everything to be separate, and I want to eat it one thing at a time, ending with my favorite. Plates with food all piled up make me feel ill. Yes, I am a little OCD.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO it CAN'T touch!!! Certain foods just are not allowed to mix! I will go as far as getting separate plates, and when I was younger even went as far as getting a different piece of silverwear for each item of food I had! Now, as long as it's not super messy and I can clean the fork between bites, I will use the same fork...but absolutely no touching! If something touches, I won't eat the part that touched! LOL
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will mix it all together if I think it will taste good and most of the stuff I make is all mixed together. I have no issues with that...=)
  • mills101
    mills101 Posts: 58
    Options
    negative
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't like my food to touch.
    Eat one thing at a time.
    Usually clockwise.

Yes, I probably do have some sort of OCD :ohwell:
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My grandparents owned a restaurant in the 1940's that burned down. Their china was this gorgeous blue and white pattern, with partitions. Like toddler plates.

When I'm at home, I still eat my dinner off those plates so nothing touches.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't know so many people have a problem with this, I've never met anyone in real life who cares about food touching. It seems like a bit of a "kid" thing to me that people should grow out of.
    Plus it just seems boring to only ever eat one thing at a time - you are missing out on so many great flavour combinations.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    no food touching. i eat on my kid's divided plates!