When to tone?

Options
So my question is, I still have 90 lbs to go before I can get to a good weight for me. But I dont want all that loose skin, how much is too much weight training to not get all ripped looking but lose weight while keeping things...tight? lol

Thanks!

Replies

• lmfbs
    lmfbs Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Read this: http://www.xojane.com/healthy/lift-weights-to-build-metabolism-eat-whatever-you-want

You're not going to look like a body builder. Lift weights, you won't regret it
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you cannot have too much weight training. Ever.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    First, you are a girl. You don't have a lot of testosterone. You would probably have to take illegal supplements to get all ripped. Start the strength training yesterday. It will help you tremendously and you will not get bulky. Even guys have a hard time getting all ripped. It's just not easy to do. You can gain strength and lean mass and tighten up with out getting bulky. Go for it!
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well I was referring to how much WEIGHT should I be lifting with..I know weight training on a regular basis is fine, but do I do 15 lbs or 50 lbs..big difference
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    IMO go HEAVY without sacrificing form. This is where I've had the best results.

There is another thread with a lot of details on this same recent page... lemme check the name of the thread and you can check it out.
  • Vixen0113
    Options
    Thanks sapalee
  • mmapags
    Options
    Well I was referring to how much WEIGHT should I be lifting with..I know weight training on a regular basis is fine, but do I do 15 lbs or 50 lbs..big difference

As much as you can handle. It is an anomoly that the more weight you lift, the more strength you build but you don't build mass unless you lower the weight so you can get between 8 and 12 reps. There are a couple of programs you should look at and pick one to follow. New Rules of Lifting For Women, Stronglifts 5X5 and Starting Strength. BTW, I'm in the Philly area too. Best wishes. You are doing great!
  • mmapags
    Options
    IMO go HEAVY without sacrificing form. This is where I've had the best results.

There is another thread with a lot of details on this same recent page... lemme check the name of the thread and you can check it out.

Great advise from Sapalee here!
  • Vixen0113
    Options
    Thanks appreciate the advice..Didn't realize there was another thread for it..sorrrryyy ;/

I'm 10 minutes from the Philly area, I live in Bucks County :) Good luck to you too!
  • lmfbs
    lmfbs Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks appreciate the advice..Didn't realize there was another thread for it..sorrrryyy ;/

I'm 10 minutes from the Philly area, I live in Bucks County :) Good luck to you too!

I'm planning on starting hte new rules of lifting for women - lots of people have said it's a great programme.

Good luck - I know lifting it all a bit scary!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you won't get ripped. do all the strength training you can.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Lift weights starting yesterday.

Give yourself a full rounded workout routine that incorporates stretching, cardio and strength (weights).