Low Carb Twilight Zone???

Options
2»

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Flax seed, Smart Balance peanut butter, and hemp protein powder are also rich in Omega 3's.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I found from when I started Atkins back in 2003, "net carbs" got me in trouble with eating low carb products I should not have been eating................

So, I no longer do "net carbs", I only do whole carbs and know that I am getting enough fiber because of the fruits and veggies I am eating................

We do not need whole grain breads as they are processed, even minimally..................

I will on occasion have steel cut oats, and maybe a 1/2 sweet potato, but that is very, very rare for me.

I lean more towards raw vegetables and fruits for nutritional support.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Flax seed, Smart Balance peanut butter, and hemp protein powder are also rich in Omega 3's.

Yes, I agree with every thing except the peanut butter...............it is added Omega 3's, not natural occurring like the flax seed and hemp protein powder.............

I only due natural nut butters............

Smart balance peanut butter also has trace amounts of hydrogenated oils in them.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    The recommendation I read was 15% of calories from carbs on low carb days. It was just too low for me to eat any real veggies.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    The recommendation I read was 15% of calories from carbs on low carb days. It was just too low for me to eat any real veggies.

Yeah, that's pretty extreme if you're trying to do it for weight/fat loss alone. Lower levels are for treatment of other medical conditions IMO.