what exercises do you guys do ?

I'm pretty new to the weight loss and working out thing and i want to know , what exercises do you guys do and which ones do you think burn the most calories ?

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Currently I'm doing Insanity in the morning and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred in the evenings. Personally for me, I struggled working out until I found programs that I absolutely love to do! I'm hooked on Insanity - currently in my 2nd round and have about 6 JM dvd's that I'm working through! She's tough and to the point, so I highly recommend her workouts as well!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Cardio will always burn more calories but I would stick to burning about 600 a week.
    youll lose plenty of weight that way without the burnout or overtraining.
    If you just want to lose fat, take up weight lifting.
    It trumps cardio!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    get a good balance of cardio and strength. 2-3 days a week of strength minimum, and at least 2 hours of cardio a week. for cardio, I usually run, do the arc trainer or elliptical, or do the stair climber....sometimes I ride my bike here in the neighborhood.

strength training is not going to be a high calorie workout - but it's so important - don't worry about the calorie burn.
  • benandrewking
    benandrewking Posts: 6 Member
    I doing walking and mountain biking. I'll leave mountain biking to one side as unless you have a bike already it's a bit costly to pick up.

I try to go for a walk everyday during my lunch hour at work for about 45 mins, walking as fast as I can. But rather than see it as exercise I have to do and make it a chore I do it just to get some fresh air and chill out. I'm fortunate as I work in the centre of London so the views are nice. When I first started doing it the thought of walking for an hour horrified me, now I do it without even thinking about it. In fact if I have to go somewhere and it will take me half the time to get the train or drive, I'll walk it instead.

Try it. It's free, easy and if you walk briskly it burns quite a lot of calories.
  • thank you guys . add me if you like im just starting on here need some motivation
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    I normally walk everyday..I take at least 2 good walks a day..today I walked/hiked for 2 hours and managed to burn over 450 calories..sometimes weather permitting I will go for a good bike ride.....I will soon be starting weights..not really looking forward to that..I have done it before and did not care much for it..I am 58 years old and really don't have much motivation for weight lifting..please if someone can give me motivation..please do!!!..thanks
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    I have grown to love exercise :)

Eliptical
    treadmil
    heavy bag
    my double jogging stroller to take my girls along for the run
    30day shred
    currently doing INSANITY
    bob harper inside out method kettlebell sculpted body dvd
    wii fit
    wii zumba 1 and 2
    bike ride
    and I hit the weights heavy when ever I can get to the gym all the above workouts I have at home so I can do as I have time with 3 small kids in the house
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    I do a lot of things. I just generally like being active. I play recreational sports (dodgeball and softball) two days a week. I'll go cycling for 15-20 miles one or two days. I run a couple of miles one or two days. Three days I do heavy weight lifting via the Stronglifts 5x5 program.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    I mostly walk and cycle.
    I go on 90-120 minute bike rides most days, lot of hills, average burn is about 800 calories.
    Also do stationary bike when the weather doesn't let me out, and I burn about 700 doing 75 minutes of that, but hard going, I have to say as I go at it very hard.

Planning on getting in more walking, and maybe joining a dance class each week, and joining a gym with a pool so I can shake things up a bit as I have got stuck on the cycling for sometime now, mainly because it burns so much and gets me out of the city.