Water vs. Coke

Options
Hi people, my dad sent me this email which I thought was quite interesting so I thought I'd put it on here:

Water or Coke?

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of
osteoporosis.
#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water? Or Coke?

Replies

• AshBear
    AshBear Posts: 63
    Options
    I'll take a water thanks. lol
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    just drank a glass of water! thanks:drinker:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    wow... that is crazy. I knew soda was bad but that is worse than I thought. Thanks for the infor
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    Wow I love this I wish my mom would get the hint. she has a two liter by her side at all times she drinks it in about 1-2 days. She only pobably drinks a two liter of water in a hole month and allot of that is from her coffee! It makes me very scared for her health!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    interesting! I find it hard to believe that cops carry coke around in their trunk! haha, any cops out there that know? I'm curious now!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I've seen this before so I tried it to clean up blood. DH cut his finger pruning a tree and there was quite a few large drops in the garage. I was amazed at how it cleaned it. I did rinse it good then to keep the ants from being attracted to it.

I don't know if it's true that they police carry it but it does work.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Water all day long!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I do believe that water is waaay better for you than coke, but doubt the validity of some of these claims. Check out http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp for another side of the story.
  • glittergirlamy14
    glittergirlamy14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do believe that water is waaay better for you than coke, but doubt the validity of some of these claims. Check out http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp for another side of the story.

I went on that website and followed one of the links, apparently you can help relieve chapped hands and sunburn with Cheerios!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I did know oatmeal was good for chapped and burnt skin, so I guess it makes sense! Kind of funny though . . .
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have actually done the putting Coke on a car battery thing and it really does work. :noway:

I can't remember the last time I had a soda of any type, mostly iced green tea and water here.

Oh...and I do mix Coke or Pepsi with brown sugar and put it on my ham.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Well, I did know oatmeal was good for chapped and burnt skin, so I guess it makes sense! Kind of funny though . . .

It is good for poison ivy/oak and chickenpox too. Oatmeal baths are good for itching skin.
  • rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree water is better, but I believe Mythbusters (on Discovery channel) busted quite a few of the Coke myths... it's been a while since I've seen the episode but double check before you pour coke all over your favorite shirt :wink:
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    interesting! I find it hard to believe that cops carry coke around in their trunk! haha, any cops out there that know? I'm curious now!

Im a cop and was very surprised to hear that...i have never heard of it, but I don't work for highway patrol either, they deal with a lot more traffic accidents than we do. It would make sense though, i will ask around and find out cause Im curious now!

But i am not surprised to hear how awful coke is...i used to be a coke-aholic but now I can't drink it at all, it makes me want to vomit.... water is the only thing that will quench my thirst...but being a southern girl I have to have my occasional glass of sweet tea!
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    :happy: YEAH!! congratulations on being smoke free!!!!!! Keep up ALL the good work!
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    :sick: Not sure I'll ever drink that stuff again!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options

Im a cop and was very surprised to hear that...i have never heard of it, but I don't work for highway patrol either, they deal with a lot more traffic accidents than we do. It would make sense though, i will ask around and find out cause Im curious now!

But i am not surprised to hear how awful coke is...i used to be a coke-aholic but now I can't drink it at all, it makes me want to vomit.... water is the only thing that will quench my thirst...but being a southern girl I have to have my occasional glass of sweet tea!

Okay so I talked to my LT. and he said that yes, highway ptl ofc do carry coke to clean up blood, as well as fire depts, they carry it on their trucks in the restaurant sized bags to clean up blood....