Working my butt off !! Sz 20 to 14 in 4 months ...

Options
2»

Replies

• smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've lost more inches than lbs too. At first i would obsess about the scale, Now pshh..as long as my clothes are looser and i can see a difference that is all i care about..i figure if i keep doing what i'm doing the rest of the lbs will come off eventually! You're doing an amazing job, Keep it up!! :)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is so great!
  • ldeleau
    ldeleau Posts: 2
    Options
    You look amazing! It is sometimes hard to remember and wrap your head around the fact that muscle weighs more than fat... but you are a wonderful example of this! Keep up the good work :)
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing. I can totally tell from the pics. U keep on keepin on, the scale has to budge one way or another! I am in the same shoes as you. I have been working my butt off at the gym and although all my clothes are loser on me and i have lost 15 inches as of end of march (more to come)...I have only lost 12 pounds since Jan. The past 2 weeks, I have started to up my protein and eating more clean. I saw a drop in the scale just last week, but I am afriad to get on it because I dont want to be discouraged....
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am glad that others are encouraged by hearing my story, I too am encouraged to hear that eventually the pounds have to come off... !!

I would love for someone to step up and say... ok at first I lost 20lbs, then went down 5 sizes then all of a sudden I lost 25lbs in a month etc....haha.....
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs since december, and a lil over 26 inches. Hub's gets a chuckle out of me and the scale..i will weight myself..then move it to another spot in the bathroom...then i'll drag it to the hallway and weight just to make sure it's not a spot in the floor. it seems to go up and down 4 lbs..one day i will be 176 then a couple days later 180..i know it can't be weight gain not that quick since i watch what i eat and workout hard, but theres that small "fat girl" part of me that's still there that gets a lil discouraged.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far! Please don't say you have "only" lost 17 lbs. It's a loss and it should be celebrated. Losing inches are just as good since you are able to wear smaller size jeans.

Keep up the great work!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    WOW- Great job!!!! I'm currently a 22- setting my sights on that 14! :D
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Great Job! :drinker:

can't wait to see what May brings for you - you seriously rock!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You look fab!!
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great pics!!! you can TOTALLY see the difference. Way to go!
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome progress! I am a size 20 now and your story is true motivation for me! That stinks about the scale but now you are at a size where you can shop anywhere :) That is awesome.
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    You guys are making my day !! :happy:
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    OK I started at a size 20 and I have lost 15 pounds...but I am no where near a 14 yet! WAY TO GO !!!! I have been on here 6 weeks! So you must really be kickin some serious *kitten*! What do you do for work outs? What's circuit training?

I don't know the "technical" term is for it but what I consider to be a circuit is 3-4 exercises done one right after the other with min rest ( like 30 sec) inbetween circuits.... done over and over for 30-45 min.

Last one I did this week for example:

ATTA-GIRL!!!!!!!

This whole experience isSO WORTH IT for me too! I AM WORTH IT~! :smile:

30 step ups
    15 kettlebell swings
    5 push press

rest 30 sec..take a swig of water...
    repeat

I do work my butt off at the gym, I never leave pretty or not drenched in sweat..... but that's my goal.... :)

ATTA-GIRL!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • tabinmaine
    Options
    OK I started at a size 20 and I have lost 15 pounds...but I am no where near a 14 yet! WAY TO GO !!!! I have been on here 6 weeks! So you must really be kickin some serious *kitten*! What do you do for work outs? What's circuit training?

I don't know the "technical" term is for it but what I consider to be a circuit is 3-4 exercises done one right after the other with min rest ( like 30 sec) inbetween circuits.... done over and over for 30-45 min.

Last one I did this week for example:

ATTA-GIRL!!!!!!!

This whole experience isSO WORTH IT for me too! I AM WORTH IT~! :smile:

30 step ups
    15 kettlebell swings
    5 push press

rest 30 sec..take a swig of water...
    repeat

I do work my butt off at the gym, I never leave pretty or not drenched in sweat..... but that's my goal.... :)

ATTA-GIRL!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

I agree.... saw your comment inside my quoted one hehe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!