People from Melbourne - What to eat at an AFL match??

Options
jesska812
jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
Hi

I've directed this to people in Melbourne, Australia only because I'm heading to the G tonight and I'm having dinner there (I usually have dinner somewhere before or I'm in one of the restaurants upstairs) and from what I've heard about food in the general admin area - it's not good (well I'm sure a pie and a beer are tasty but won't help me be healthy)! I asked my friend who I'm going with and she said yeah there's heaps of healthy food - like sumo salad :/

So I'm wondering - is there anything even moderately healthy or should I grab some rice paper rolls or soup or the like before I get there??

Thanks

Replies

• prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess first of all you are sooo lucky you're going. I'm a massive Carlton supporter and was supposed to get tickets yesterday at training but they were sold out unless I wanted to stand with all the drunks- haha no way.

Anyway, I think you should eat before. Sumo salads are good though. When I go to the footy, which is a lot, I eat dinner before I go and then take snacks like almonds and homemade muffins etc :-)
  • jesska812
    Options
    I know tickets have sold out sooooo quickly. I have a friend who works at the AFL who had a spare ticket! I'm a collingwood supporter (don't hate me!) but I'm sure you guys have got it tonight. I even considered tipping the Blues in my footy tipping.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll grab something earlier and take some snacks with me - I think that sounds like the safest bet.
    Thanks!!
  • prettythinlove
    Options
    You lucky thing! I stupidly left it until the last minute. HAHA that's hilarious. You should wear a Carlton scarf too :-) My boys are looking pretty fit at the moment so I'm sure it will be a hell of a match, as it always is.
    Good luck! (with your food-not collingwood)
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Definately eat someting before, or even if you buy a subway roll or something to take in. We don't buy anything from the footy anymore, mostly because it's my little protest for the obscene prices.

Oh, and Go Pies!!
  • prettythinlove
    Options
    GOOOO BLUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! just sayin'

;-)
  • jesska812
    Options
    OMG it was a slaughter!! At least I don't have to feel guilty about planning my trip overseas for the end of September now....

Carlton played good footy tonight - they deserved the win.