Calculating Exercises (help and opinions please!)

Options
So I trust this site better than most, but not 100% because I know I burn more calories doing level 10 on the elliptical than level 1. Do you guys just go with it and put the minutes, or do you double up the time when you do a higher resistance level, etc? Also, there are machines at the gym (like the seated elliptical - done wonders for my legs in just a week!! Also the rower machine..) that I can't find on here. When I do the seated elliptical I add that to the total time for the elliptical in general. I want to be a accurate as I can without having to spend money. (I've heard somewhere about this thing that measures your heart rate and calculates it that way?! Idk..) Is there a different site I should go to and calculate cals burned for the seated elliptical and other machines? Or should I just keep doing it as I am? Tell me how y'all do it! Also feel free to add me, I love keepin up with peoples' weight loss journeys :D
Thanks!

Replies

• carrotstick2012
    Options
    I work out my personal burn, put in the minutes and manually enter what I did regardless of what the system says. That said, if my calculation is higher than the system suggests I might go with the lower one just to be sure. If it's higher I always enter the lower estimate.