Jogging Strollers, any suggestions

Options
My wife and I are having a baby in September and she is registering for baby stuff, she asked me is there anything that I would want or prefer and me being a new fitness addict, I requested a jogging stroller. We are looking for something that's practical, where it can be fit through a door way, but still well made. One of our friends suggested the City Mini. I figure I would put it out to all the veterans on here as well. My wife's friend at work has a BOB and my wife says it's so big it could barely fit through the door.

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    oh well i guess people dont like jogging with baby
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i do... but i have a 4 wheeled buggy... i think your better off getting a 3 wheeler where u can lock the front wheel.

do u live in uk or usa??
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i do... but i have a 4 wheeled buggy... i think your better off getting a 3 wheeler where u can lock the front wheel.

do u live in uk or usa??
    ok so just looked at your profile and your in usa... i live in uk and we have a mothercare where u can get the best advice there.. or try googling.. loads of answers and opinions on there.//
    good luck with the new baby!!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to get one with a front wheel that swivels. The ones with the front wheels that are stationary are a pain.

I like the city mini says jogging stroller but the company says to not use it as a jogging stroller. The wheels are small and would not be good for running. Look at strollers that have the tires that look like bicycle tires. If you will be using this with an infant, be sure that the seat reclines a lot since the baby won't be able to sit up, also as the baby gets older s/he can take a nap easily while you are running. I've heard that the BOBs are really good, but find a store that sells them and look at them in person. With strollers you get what you pay for and if you will be running with one for a long time, it is worth the investment.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a Chariot, but it's a double, so it doesn't fit through doors well lol. You can get a single one, and I'm sure they fit through doors. I LOVE mine because you can convert them into a bike trailer as well AND you can put skis on them for winter! So you can bike, hike, and jog with them :).
  • sburens
    sburens Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get a BOB if you are going to truly jog with it.

I have a city mini for walks and the store. You cannot run with it. I have a phil and teds sport to jog with, but I hadnt gotten it on clearance, I would have gotten a BOB revolution.

Congrats on your huge weight loss! Remember you cannot jog with the baby until they are closer to 1 yr old. And they fig safely in the seat.
  • Stacyfit37
    Options
    Get a BOB if you are going to truly jog with it.

This. I loved my BOB!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I hears they make them where you can hook a car seat into it and it will also work for older kids.