a new start

Options
Hello everyone,
My name is Ina. I am 28 and attempting to start over new. I have dieted a lot in the past several years. I have not been able to achieve my goal weight though. I have been dealing with Depression, ptsd, anxiety. After I was put on a medication to help me sleep I gained 40lbs in 2 months. I have lost my will to do anything, I run out of energy so fast. Now I have been told by my dr. that If I don't start losing weight I will have my mothers health problems soon. I am extremely out of shape, and I have a heard time walking alone. So I am hoping you here will help support my goals. I have no one else.

Ina

Replies

• Thighstogo
    Options
    Hey Ina;
    I just logged on and am wanting to start fresh too. Good luck and I will be thinking of you!
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Ina,
    Your off to a great start by being here :) I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I've found understanding what I'm eating and being conscious the exercising I'm doing so much easier since being here. Every little step counts for something even if its small changes. It becomes easier to see how those small things add up.
    Add me if you'd like :)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Tracking your food helps you to be accountable for what you eat, as long as you don't 'not log', you'll soon see things you have either happy or unhappy with and make the changes to ensure you are always happy.

Exercise, even just walking or swimming is brilliant cardio. Gets you out the house and fresh air into you and allows you to have more calories for that piece of pie after dinner.

Friends are great for motivation and support. You will come across the odd 'meanie' but it is rare. Most people are great.

If you want friends then feel free to add me.

Good luck. X
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight to be healthy and to hopefully prevent some health problems that my family members have. My weight flucuates a lot so it tends to be frustrating. So, that being said, I'm here if you need a friend to help motivate and support you.

12425902.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter