Punch Out for Wii

Options
kel9680
kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
Wow! I got the new Punch Out game for the wii and OMG can I feel it today!! I played for about an hour yesterday and I can barely move my arms today! I love how games that are fun, can be a workout without even realizing it!

Replies

• Braydensmom
    Options
    Is the Punch Out Wii game different than the Cardio Workout?
    I haven't heard of it before.
    There is also a new one called "My Fitness Coach" that I am very interested in getting.

Who needs to join a gym!
  • mlroney7183
    Options
    I have the fitness coach and I love it. It is your own private home workout.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of punch out for the Wii.
    I have the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and OMG... I was sore all over the next day.
    Great workout!
  • Braydensmom
    Options
    What kind of things does the Fitness Coach / and Gold's Gym Cardio have on it.
    I've seen them in our weekly flyers, but haven't had a chance to look into them.
  • rlberg55
    rlberg55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have my fitness coach, and it is what you would typically expect from your average workout video, but WAY better because is has about 400 exercises that it shuffles into a workout based on the length you choose 15, 30, 45 60, 75 or 90 mins.

It is very customizable, you can change the music, the background and you can also choose upper body, lower body, core, cardo, flexibility or stretching and it will customize the exercise routine further. It keeps track of your workouts and suggests one that you haven't done in a while. You can also add handweights, a step or a ball, heart rate monitor if you have it.

It asks you how hard the workout was for you, and you take fitness tests and it makes the workouts harder over time.

I got it a month or so ago and i love it, my favorite is cardio, it adds in a full body strengthing workout.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The punch out title was originally on the "original" NES, or more commonly known, Nintendo. This is simply a remake of that game for the Wii console. It's a game, not a fitness program. :wink: Though I'm sure it will give you quite the workout. I'll probably be picking it up myself, for the nostalgia aspect.:wink:
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Braydensmom;

The Gold's Gym Cardio focuses on punching and dodging exercises, but also has things like jumping rope available. It starts out "basic" to teach you all the movements and then lets you do more as you use it more. Very quickly you can do the workout designed by your "trainer" (virtual) or you can exercise "a la carte" to build your own program. If you pick the trainer-designed workout, you can decide hardcore or light work out. The hardcore (for me last week) was about an 18 minute program that had be sweating pretty well. As someone said earlier, I was SORE the next day. It gives you a "punch count" to tell you how many punches you threw AND it tells you about how many calories IT thinks you burned in each exercise segment.

It works me much harder than the boxing program on the Wii Fit aerobics portion.

212376.png
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The punch out title was originally on the "original" NES, or more commonly known, Nintendo. This is simply a remake of that game for the Wii console. It's a game, not a fitness program. :wink: Though I'm sure it will give you quite the workout. I'll probably be picking it up myself, for the nostalgia aspect.:wink:

exactly! thats why I got it, I wasn't expecting it to be a work out, but man are my arms sore today!

I also have Wii Fit, and EA Active, both are good, but I think the EA Active is a better workout
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    I just got the Wii Fit and the mat to go with it. I have gotten on it 2 times and gonna go now for the 3rd day in a row. I plan on getting all the Wii fit stuff. so far so good!
    Katrina

139415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Sheilamm
    Sheilamm Posts: 1
    Options
    I have "My Fitness Pal" love it and it also counts calories burned! It is fun and not a traditional same day everyday workout video. You can pick it up on eBay for around $10.00 which is a lot cheaper then I paid!
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options

exactly! thats why I got it, I wasn't expecting it to be a work out, but man are my arms sore today!

I also have Wii Fit, and EA Active, both are good, but I think the EA Active is a better workout

I agree! I have the Wii Fit, EA Active, Jillian's game, and the My Fitness Coach. I really like the cardio on the My Fitness Coach but I love the customization on the Active!