WOW- I did it!!!!!!

Options
mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
About a month ago I took my dog for a run and seriously almost died (or atleast I looked like I was going to die). My body wasn't able to handle that intense work out and what really was my breaking point was when my dog looked back at my lagging butt with a face that said "I thought you said we were going for a run" :angry:

I took a stand at that moment and set a goal for myself to be able to keep up with my dog - which by the way is an 11 month old pit bull bursting at the seams with energy. I was referred to the Couch to 5K program by another MFPer and after 3 weeks I KEPT UP WITH MY DOG TODAY!!!!!! :bigsmile:

These small accomplishments are really what keeps me going with this! Next goal:complete a 5K in August without taking a break. I'll keep you all posted.....

Replies

• frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    good for you and your puppy, Are you going to take your dog on the 5K:happy:

I take my German shepard and German shepard husky running with me.
  • janetmoz
    janetmoz Posts: 9
    Options
    Nice job! I love a success story!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your successes motivate me and I hope my small step will help motivate someone else!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    good for you and your puppy, Are you going to take your dog on the 5K:happy:

I take my German shepard and German shepard husky running with me.

I don't know if they allow dogs??? But if they do I'll take him. I also have a 3 month old pup and altough I haven't taken him running yet - he's my next victim! :bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :drinker:
  • eednic
    eednic Posts: 3
    Options
    that's awesome! i have a pit bull too (she is older, and has arthritis in her hips). we can't do a lot of running together, but she enjoys her walks immensely! she definitely keeps me motivated!

congrats on your successes!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go - I love C25K!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    way to go:flowerforyou:
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself!! Great job
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna keep up with your dog too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's great, congrats I get the same look from my dog (my trainer :laugh: )
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That's SO great! And great motivation for me! I've just ventured back into jogging (wogging). This weekend I did a 4.25 mile stretch. I have actually walked it faster than I did when I jogged/walked it!! :laugh: :laugh: BUT, I did burn more cal's jogging/walking it, so that's incentive to keep up the jogging.
  • katem
    katem Posts: 3
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Keep going. Are you with us on the runners club in the fitness section?? Theres a lot of C25K participants over there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!