500 Abs Challenge!

So I saw on the mirror today that the trainer at my gym challenged everyone to do at least 500 reps of any abdominal workout. I took that challenge and conquered it! It felt so amazing that I have now challenged myself to do this at least 3x a week.

Who's in it with me? Can you handle 500 Abs? It's worth a try. All we've got to lose is our love handles and muffin tops! lol.

Let's do this!

Replies

• bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    500 per day or what? Sounds interesting please explain in detail
  • Lashae33
    Lashae33 Posts: 9 Member
    Is this a 500 abs a week or a day
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    I want abs in 5 weeks, can that be arranged?! lol
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    It's 500 abdominal reps in one day... building yourself up to doing them every time you work out. It can be any ab workout you choose and you don't have to do them all in one sitting.

Today I did 500 reps using the crunch bench (not the technical term I'm sure). I did 3 sets of 20 using a 10 lb weight and then used something else. I came back and did another 3x20, walked away, came back, so on and so forth until I reached 500. My abs are sore so tomorrow I will probably either do leg raises or side bends to work on my love handles.

Does that explain it a little better?
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    very nice I will give it a try. I do this with push ups a lot. Great idea! I will start tomorrow morning
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Abs are like every other muscle...they don't need to be worked every day. Would you work your chest every day? I sure wouldn't, and I know what a lot of people would have to say about it as well.

Although 500 reps is good! Not saying that's a terrible thing..just not every day.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Abs are like every other muscle...they don't need to be worked every day. Would you work your chest every day? I sure wouldn't, and I know what a lot of people would have to say about it as well.

Although 500 reps is good! Not saying that's a terrible thing..just not every day.

And you're absolutely right. I guess I should have clarified a little on how I work out. I usually do strength training every other day, including my abs. I do some sort of cardio everyday though. Now will doing side bends to work my obliques be too much today or should I wait? I can see hanging leg raises might be too much though.

I'm just really excited about this challenge. I used to have killer abs but I understand, Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • I will give this a try! sounds like a challenge alright!