My mirror is lying to me!!!

Options

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. You look awesome!!!
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    You look friggin awesome...

I see someone double my weight when i look in the mirror... it sucks.. cuz i feel like all the effort i'm putting in isn't paying off even though i've dropped 2 pant sizes.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look amazing! :) Congrats on your success! :heart:

Secondly... I have the opposite problem! My hubby's phone camera seems to be weird if you take pictures with it at different angles. It can definitely make me look fatter - it usually does! But like if you hold it tilted up or down when taking a picture, it can make your legs / upper body look bigger / smaller or shorter / taller than they actually are. It's kinda fun to play with sometimes, but more of a pain in the butt when trying to take a good picture! Maybe that's something your camera does? I dunno. Phone cameras can be touchy.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Don't you watch horror movies?! Mirrors are bad news!!!
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Girl, you know you look good and that's exactly why you posted those pics! I saw what you did there.
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Well thanks you guys, but I think y'all are in cahoots with any and all dressing room type mirrors....

I seriously don't get how the camera makes me look like that :/

So maybe, just maybe, it you that's making you look that way in the mirror and not a distortion or false image. You have come so far and sometimes I takes our minds a lil while to catch up to our body. Seeing someone else's reflection, that cant be me, no way I'm that thin. Its a come thing for such a drastic change and years of poor self image. Don't worry Hun, you'll get used to it in time.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look amazing! :) Congrats on your success! :heart:

Secondly... I have the opposite problem! My hubby's phone camera seems to be weird if you take pictures with it at different angles. It can definitely make me look fatter - it usually does! But like if you hold it tilted up or down when taking a picture, it can make your legs / upper body look bigger / smaller or shorter / taller than they actually are. It's kinda fun to play with sometimes, but more of a pain in the butt when trying to take a good picture! Maybe that's something your camera does? I dunno. Phone cameras can be touchy.

I think that is what is going on here.....
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    U look awesome!
    I feel the same way though when I see certain pics
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    It's hard for your brain to catch up...people who haven't seen you in a while notice right away. Because you look at yourself every day, it's harder to see the changes. But you look really good! Believe the pictures!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    tell you what..... your mirror is not lying, you my friend look good!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    You look great.. mirrirs are stupid.... and I love all of your tattoos by the way...:smile:
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    your mirror is brutally honest. you look amazing, now believe it and own it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    Girl, you know you look good and that's exactly why you posted those pics! I saw what you did there.

ahahahaha I WISH! I know I look better than I did at 190 lbs for sure, but I seriously don't look that thin when I look straight into the mirror. Usually the camera hates me too.... I think it's cuz like the other poster said about angles and such... but these are totally motivating pics for me to get to where I actually do look that thin!

:)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    mirrors are flat, therefor taking a pic in a mirror will make you look flatter than you really are. i love taking mirror pics. lol
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's not the camera (or the mirror), your mind hasn't caught up to your body....you look great!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, say in and day out, have talked a lot about it in my blog if you wanna check it out.....I know it might be hard for you to see it, but you are beautiful♥
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    Thank you everyone.... I REALLY needed to hear this quite honestly.... I've been getting frustrated lately with my progress.... it's certainly motivating to hear that ppl see the progress I have made though...

so from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If you think it's lying to you, then get a new mirror.

And after you do that, send me your old, lying, p.o.s. I could use a good lying mirror right now.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Wasn't until I saw pictures of myself with some friends that I saw my own weight loss. When we look in the mirror we may still see the same body but in a picture it's difficult to deny the changes : )