Running in the Wind and Rain

Options
Okay so maybe it's technically jogging when you go at a 10.5 min/mile pace, but I reached my first goal of 3 miles this past weekend. Now I can't ever go back because I know I can run this far. I really think the cool weather has helped. On friday it was really windy but felt so good because it cooled me off so I didn't feel overheated. Today, I ended up running in the rain and I NEVER would have thought I would be one of those people dedicated enough to run in bad weather. Anyway if I can run like this ANYONE can. Seriously I still feel like I can't go on after 1.5 miles but stick to my pace and it really does get easier. I started six weeks ago and could barely run a mile, and haven't really worked out since before my 2nd baby (who is now one) was born. ANYWAY- Keep going, YOU CAN DO IT!

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm LOVING the dedication! :love:

Thats awesome and very inspiring! I am trying to become a runner myself, which I thought would NEVER be possible yet I'm proving myself wrong.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :bigsmile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!! Just don't make the mistake that I did and go running in the rain with water absorbing pants, um yea they started to weigh me down and my friend had to come pick me up! haha They were dragging way past my shoes!

~Leash :heart:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It's running if you break a sweat and get your heart rate up. I consider a jog as something easier, doesn't matter the speed. This is awesome that you enjoy all conditions, I love to run in the snow, the only caution is in the winter be careful of the ice. :smile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i am trying to become a runner myself. i ran in the rain a week or two ago and loved it as well. it really motivates you and keeps you going.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I ran the furthest the first time too it was crappy weather out. I am kind of not looking forward to summer just b/c of running! Congrats. Are you with on us the runners club page in the fitness section?
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    10.5 min miles is AWESOME..and 3 miles....WAY TO GO! I also started running about 2 months ago..i started out at 5 mins..at 4.5 on the treadmil...now i am at 5.5 for 33 mins..for 3 mins...i almost always want to stop at about 1.5 miles but i stick to it and it feels so good to finish...keep it up!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!