calculating all calories

skinnywilomeena
skinnywilomeena Posts: 40
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
does anyone calculate calories burned to a tee....like calories burned standing, sitting, driving etc??? or do you just to extra cardio???

Replies

• bikermama
    bikermama Posts: 14
    i only count calories for my exercise classes.
  • Just exercise calories! :smile:
  • should i not be calculating everything, is that cheating???
  • No you should not count everything b/c that is already factored into your lifestyle when you pick that for your baseline. You should only count actvities that are not everyday routine activites and then any exercise.
  • :happy: thanks
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    mfp already includes those calories by what type of normal daily activity level you chose. I only count true excercise that gets your heart rate pumping and causes me to break a sweat.

Like I normally don't mow the lawn so when I do that I count it, because I break a sweat. But doing the laundry and such I don't count, no matter how many times I have to go up and down the stairs. Of course I count my true excercise, running, biking, swimming...
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    :bigsmile: I only count true calories, but if I do DEEP clean my house I will count that!:bigsmile:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    I only factor things that I wouldn't normally have done during my day before I started trying to lose weight. I'm pretty sure that when you first set up your profile and things here, current lifestyle is calculated. I put down a sedentary one (I think that's what I put) because I work in an office setting and am usually sitting on my bum the whole day. So anything extra then getting up, going to work and going back home and all the little things in between goes down as my calories burned, ie. taking a 15 minute walk on both my breaks and whatever exercise/cardio I do morning and night.

I don't want to factor in too many calories burned because I don't want to eat too many of them back...especially as I tend to over-estimate my calories burned and under-estimate my calories eaten....
This discussion has been closed.