what is p90x

skinnywilomeena
skinnywilomeena Posts: 40
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
what is a p90x that everyone is writing about????

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    It's a 90-day fitness program by Beachbody ... good stuff if you feel like kicking your own butt into gear. I've lost about 8 inches off my waist and I still have 5 weeks left!
  • :smile: thanks..is it dvds?? a book?? how do i get into it??
  • rrivera22
    rrivera22 Posts: 5 Member
    its a weightloss / strength training DVD set- i have it now for over a month and i have yet to even open it! LOL
    Supposedly it is pretty hardcore and has extreme results but one would have to actually do it in order to see any results. :-)

Right now, Im doing the gym thing cause I can never get around to working out at home. But one day i'll check it out... :happy:
  • Is there an informercial on it?? I think i might have seen it,...
  • rrivera22
    Yes there is - i see it almost every weekend its seems pretty cool over all (which is why I ordered it)...you can order it online at beachbody.com (i think) it goes for about 150 for the set of 13 DVDs
  • :laugh: :laugh: yah if that was the informercial i think ill start with the gym
  • hiddensecant
    :smile: thanks..is it dvds?? a book?? how do i get into it??

They are dvd's, 12 of them: different cardio, strength training, yoga, stretching ... Depending on your needs, you can choose between 3 different schedules that will rotate through the workouts in a certain order for the 13 weeks. There's also a nutrition plan.

It was made by beachbody so you can check out beachbody.com ... there is also eBay and all those other good places. You will come up with many hits if you google P90X, including those being sold by current coaches who have gone through the program and will help you through it also.

Anyway, yes there are quite a few infomercials and you probably did see it. Those are always fun to watch.
  • rrivera22
    LOL exactly! I got suckered into the hype but I just never got around to using it and besides i find it more motivational to be at the gym working out then at home - its just way to tempting to just lounge rather then work out. tee hee:laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    LOL exactly! I got suckered into the hype but I just never got around to using it and besides i find it more motivational to be at the gym working out then at home - its just way to tempting to just lounge rather then work out. tee hee:laugh:

I think I have that purple shirt you're wearing, hehe.
This discussion has been closed.