Bedtime Snacks

Options
It seems that I am always hungry before I go to bed. What are some great snacks that I can have and are not bad for you?
I need to eat too because I suffer from low blood pressure.

Can you please email me with some yummy ideas?

Thank you for helping me!

Replies

• SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My newest love is Diana's Banana Babies~yummy chocolate covered bananas for only 130 calories!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I used to have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and milk. Little protein, fat & carbs.
  • jldono2
    jldono2 Posts: 7
    Options
    did you see that Hungry Girl on Dr. Oz? I found a recipe where you take any cake mix -omit eggs and oil. All you add to the mix is 12 oz club soda. It has a little different consistency so works best with cupcake liners in the pan (plus portion control) Get some fat free cool whip and some strawberries to put on top and its delicious! You could use sugar free jello pudding in place of frosting also. About 100 cal per cupcake!!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Can you figure out if you're craving anything in particular? If it's protein (and maybe you can find out by trying these) try the peanut butter, or some nuts (chocolate covered almonds have all kinds of good nutrients), or the good old traditional warm milk.
    Check the other message boards, the topic of what to eat late comes up fairly frequently and there are many good suggestions.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    2 T of PB2 mixed with a little milk (or water), 90 Grams of Fage mix well. Cut an apple into slices and use the PB2/Fage mix as a fruit dip :-)
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    1/2 cup of frozen blueberries with 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk- yum. Or a light rye Wasa brand cracker with 1 Tb. of Neufchâtel (lower fat cream cheese) and 1 Tb. apricot Simply Fruit jelly- my favorite. String cheese and a few grapes, too.
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat strawberry frozen yogurt 1/2 cup 90 calories!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My bedtime snack is....indulgent. I'm not having it tonight because I had two glasses of wine (the other indulgence).

I like: get a spoon full of peanut butter. Open a jello chocolate pudding snack. Dip the peanut butter FILLED spoon into the pudding and eat your way happily through the spoonful of peanut butter with the pudding. YUM
    and not too bad for you!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    gin and diet tonic
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2 bowls of cereal and protein shake.

Considering washing it down with some Whiskey..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Q....:drinker:

or, she could have cottage cheese with a little fruit. Or a slice of cheddar and an apple.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    With any luck, some maritime-themed tacos.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    With any luck, some maritime-themed tacos.

i love a salty pirate!
  • Picturesque2u
    Picturesque2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Popcorn with hot sauce :wink:
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Popcorn with hot sauce :wink:
    Yeah!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I was seriously hungry this evening. I had a fiber one brownie, a Nature Valley protein bar and a laughing cow light swiss wedge...

I normally have something lighter. I like whey protein mixed with skim milk...
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a redhead :wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Nuts
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    They usually say not to eat anything over 200 calories but I hear bananas and a warm glass of milk oughta do the trick ;) In fact it may even help you sleep better too!
    I usually eat some cereal. it's the best for sweet dreams.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i drink a protein shake and eat a muffin usually...