Food intolerances.

Options
So! Ever since starting my diet I have been eating heaps of capsicum. Not green though, red. I could eat green capsicum and not get sick but for some reason red capsicum doesnt work for me.

It has given me so much grief! Sore stomach the next day, extremely sick and running to the toilet. I thought I was doing something wrong but I think I may have an intolerance to capsicum. Ever since cutting it out of my diet I have had no worries. My fiance is lactose intolerant also.. so its a funny mix.

So, has anyone else discovered an intolerance to a certain food?

Replies

• estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have got IBS, and im off and on with all different foods, v annoying!! AT the mo its dairy, my stomach has just about given up the fight, so have to cut that out for now. I have trouble with eating fruit and veg as well, fibre isnt my friend which is a bit of a pain as well, so I have to eat plain boring foods :(
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    That really sucks! I have a bit of variety in my diet but not much! I dont care for any other vegetables except for salad ones.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    yes it really sucks. when i try to be healthy it just doesnt work!!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have allergies to dairy and eggs. I just had a tonsillectomy this week though, so I've been eating a bit of ice cream here and there and dealing with the allergy symptoms anyways, because it feels ohhhh so good on my throat!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have found lactose really hurts and I'm trying to narrow down what makes me go from flat tummy to looking like I am 5 months pregnant right now! Its definitely a guessing game! :)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to milk! A friend bought me whey protein and well...I have to blend in two benadryl with my protein shakes if I don't want to die. I was going to toss it but she keeps coming by to visit and asking how it is :grumble:
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I'm allergic to milk! A friend bought me whey protein and well...I have to blend in two benadryl with my protein shakes if I don't want to die. I was going to toss it but she keeps coming by to visit and asking how it is :grumble:

Ouch. I'd give it back to her and say "Thanks... it's awesome but I've found I'm allergic to this!" There's some awesome vegan protein powders out there!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dairy, eggs, soy, gluten, mangos, bananas, and a few more. I have learned to work around it out of necessity.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Probiotic yoghurts. Make me bloat to the point of pain. I also have an on/off sensitivity to milk - last time I had some in my coffee I spent 10 minutes hanging out in the bathroom. That was fun.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have found lactose really hurts and I'm trying to narrow down what makes me go from flat tummy to looking like I am 5 months pregnant right now! Its definitely a guessing game! :)

Congratulations on the pregnancy! All the best. Just kidding. :laugh:
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ever since I had my gallbladder removed I've had a problem with fats. Too much and off to the toilet.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have allergies to dairy and eggs. I just had a tonsillectomy this week though, so I've been eating a bit of ice cream here and there and dealing with the allergy symptoms anyways, because it feels ohhhh so good on my throat!

Here is my favourite dairy free ice cream .... it is better than ice cream and does not need an ice cream maker

1 can coconut milk (the richer version which for me is the gold can tastes best but is higher fat)
    1.5 cups frozen berries
    1 cup sugar

Throw it into your food processor and process until smooth
    Put in a bowl and freeze overnight

It is actually delicious right away as a smoothy type dessert but must freeze to be like ice cream
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options

Here is my favourite dairy free ice cream .... it is better than ice cream and does not need an ice cream maker

1 can coconut milk (the richer version which for me is the gold can tastes best but is higher fat)
    1.5 cups frozen berries
    1 cup sugar

Throw it into your food processor and process until smooth
    Put in a bowl and freeze overnight

It is actually delicious right away as a smoothy type dessert but must freeze to be like ice cream

Thanks! I will try this - it sounds delish!
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have an allergy to capsicum and intolerant to lactose! Years ago I cut out dairy for the most part and feel so much better. Right away I lost like five pounds because I wasn't eating rich cream sauces and chocolate malts. Then just last year I started having a reaction to chili pepper, cayenne, and anything that they sneak it into. You'd be amazed how many things have capsicum (Macaroni Grill's Chicken Spiedini, some wasabi sauce). I even had a reaction from eating a plain sandwich that had been cut in half with a contaiminated knife. The latest eating out episode was a club sandwich that was lathered with a laced mayo, even though the menu description didn't say a word about a spicy mayo. Ended up switching entrees with my husband (greasy burger) since we didn't have time to send it back.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So! Ever since starting my diet I have been eating heaps of capsicum. Not green though, red. I could eat green capsicum and not get sick but for some reason red capsicum doesnt work for me.

It has given me so much grief! Sore stomach the next day, extremely sick and running to the toilet. I thought I was doing something wrong but I think I may have an intolerance to capsicum. Ever since cutting it out of my diet I have had no worries. My fiance is lactose intolerant also.. so its a funny mix.

So, has anyone else discovered an intolerance to a certain food?

Yep. GLUTEN, GRAINS, CORN AND PEAS
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Have you heard of wheat belly? All of my bloating disappeared after cutting out grains
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I get seve etremelly gas from both gluten and dairy