Any over 50s about??

Options
05suu
05suu Posts: 90 Member
You know its harder for us lot to lose so how about abit of a support group??
Everyone welcome..

I'm 64 (UGH!!!) :flowerforyou: from Hertfordshire, UK.

Squiffy!

Replies

• Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The more supportive friends you have, the more enjoyable our challenges are! :smile:
    I am 63 and live in a suburb of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My husband & I have been married 40 years (& yes, to each other! LOL!)

:flowerforyou:
  • s56clow
    s56clow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 55 and just in my first week at this. Ive tried most diets and programes and am looking forward to great success with fitness pal:smile: I live in New Zealand on Aucklands North Shore. Married.36 years, yeap same fella:bigsmile: Ive Two kids and three grandkids and thats who Im doing this for. Yes it is harder for us ladies But we can do it. Like the mature vintage we are, we just get better with age.:flowerforyou:
  • thegoya
    thegoya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Loads of us....52 here from Warwickshire!
  • todd_nelson
    Options
    Age 50. Happily married 28 years. American living in Kuala Lumpur since 1998. Need to shed 20 lbs, maybe 20 more after that. I believe fitness and weight loss are better/easier achieved in community, rather than in isolation. Wife and I are doing this together with the iPhone app.
  • torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HI,

My name is Jan from Cardiff and I am 61.

I agree that it is harder to lose weight at a certain age.

Please feel free to add me and we will help each other.
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fast approaching 60, so I guess I qualify! Happy to be added as a friend. There are also a couple of 50+ groups on MFP as well, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/271-fit-after-50 and http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13-50-fabulous-and-fit and there may even be more!
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    I'm 53 - been dieting on and off as long as I can remember. (Mum's fault - she was always dieting). BUT when I look back at old photos of me I dont know why !!! Never been really really big - biggest ever was 11st 4 and eating cos I was depressed. (I'm 5ft 3"). I'm now 10st .2lbs and I want to lose 12lbs but MFP says my intake shouldnt be lower than 1200 and I should lose 0.5lbs a week.......which seems really low when some post on here that they lose 4lbs in a week....

Anyway - going off subject here. I'm from Kent with one daughter who lives with her husband in Lincoln with a baby due in June - I will be a Nanna yeah !!!

I have put you on my friends request thingywhatsit. :smile:
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great response guys...have started a group and am adding you all to it....
    Now I REALLY must go walk the dog before it rains again!!!!:glasses:
  • Saunterer
    Options
    Goodmorning! 53 and Dutch. Changing lifestyle: it used to be a pot of coffee and a pack of camel filter, no breakfast and lots of fat and sugar later in the day, and a sitting down life (or laying down reading - horizontal happiness) only redeeming feature is that I use my bicycle to go from A to B. Still do, but now: stopped smoking and started walking.