Weird things you find relaxing...

Options

Replies

• lissymae11
    Options
    I used to eat like, box fulls of un-cooked pasta. For whatever reason, the crunching and chewing was relaxing. I've kicked that habit though now that I'm trying to eat healthy :)
  • AddictedtoTattoos
    Options
    watching fish in the fish tank, moment of calmness.

this is like heaven to me XD My grandpa raised tropical freshwater fish all his life, and I've picked up on it, it really helps my anxiety.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    The sound of a fan (box fan).

I've slept with one on High nearly every night since I was born. To me, fan = sleeeeeeeep.

haha, me too! If I end up somewhere without one, like forget to take it to the hotel room, I have to run the bathroom fan or I panic cuz I won't sleep!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The sound of a fan (box fan).

I've slept with one on High nearly every night since I was born. To me, fan = sleeeeeeeep.

Same here!!!

me too.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ocean waves
    The smell of Eucalyptus
    Native American music...don't know what it is about this type of music, but if I'm really stressing this will almost instantly relax me.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    having someone play with my hair or rub my hands...
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ironing. I love it. Don't do it that often anymore, but I do like it.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Oh and the sound of metal clanking on flagpoles or on sailboat masts. I love that. It means light breezes and summer.
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Peepers
    The dentist cleaning my teeth.
    My husband trimming my toe nails.( yes I can reach my toes but I find him trimming them much more calmer)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The smell of Campfires

Watching Gilmore Girls

80's music
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    having my back tickled, the sound of loons on a lake.
  • rjbalcer
    rjbalcer Posts: 57
    Options
    Having someone else wash my hair.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I like my butt rubbed when I trying to go to sleep or watching tv in bed :blushing:
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    certain movies (like Girl Interrupted, Soldiers Girl, Lilo and stitch, Halloween 2 by zombie)
    curled up to my man (when i have one) and him petting me as my head is in his lap
    thunderstorms
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    heavy rain n thunder... and have somebody play with my hair :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Plucking my eyebrows.

Having my eyebrows waxed/plucked.

Glad you said that, I don't feel so weird now. :)

Not plucking, but definitely getting my eyebrows waxed.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like my butt rubbed when I trying to go to sleep or watching tv in bed :blushing:

Yeah baby!

Oh, and the smell of a camp fire.
    Standing in a forest or and open field with the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves / grass.
    An awesome blue sky when out in the wild....

An rubbing my wife's butt before she goes to sleep! :blushing:
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    heavy rain n thunder... and have somebody play with my hair :heart: :heart: :heart:
    MEE TOO!! I Love when my babe plays with my hair and I like to listen to rain and thunder sounds on youtube (much rather have the real deal)
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love doing laundry. And when I was little, I would spend the night at my grandma's and she would read to me with her teeth out. That would lull me to sleep every time.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Greasing my boots..... shining my shoes.... cleaning my guns..... there is something about the smell of these products that brings me somewhere else :-)