GoWear Fit vs. HRM - Anybody know anything about this?

2»

Replies

• Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    For example, if you exercise when it's very hot out, it can under-count your calories because the skin temperature measurement is off. If you ride a motorcycle, it will over-count your calories because of the vibrations.

Well that is definitely not true with my gowearfit. I have no higher calorie count riding my friends harley than I do sitting at my desk, it still will register the same. Unless of course you are post workout, when your body is still burning an ample amount of calories. This device is SPOT ON. Period. When I have a 3500 calorie deficit, (which I closely monitor my calories burned daily as well as my intake, so I know EXACTLY what my deficit is), I lose a pound. It may not be 100% accurate, but it sure as heck is close to it.

At the end of the day, you go with the product that YOU believe will work best for YOU and the GoWearFit...works for me, almost flawlessly! :smile:
  • If you ride a motorcycle, it will over-count your calories because of the vibrations.
    Are you so sure the motorcycle vibrations, and electrical impulses from the engine won't throw your HRM off? Try turning on a blender when you're wearing it - you'll think you're about to go into fibrillation!

Mike
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Thanks for all of your input! I know the HRMs can be pretty accurate with a VO2 level, but I also know that I'm not going to put myself through the testing at this point. I'm thinking that for my situation the GoWear Fit is going to work the best for what I'm looking for. I'm watching a few on ebay right now hoping to get a better deal than through their website.

Thanks Delphi for sharing your experience! It's good to hear that someone has had success with this device!
This discussion has been closed.