SO EXCITED AND SUPRISED

Options
April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
SOMEONE RECENTLY DID A THREAD ABOUT GOING DOWN IN CLOTHES SIZE. I RESPONDED ABOUT HOW DISCOURAGED I WAS BECAUSE I HAVE LOST 45LBS ALL TOGETHER ( I LOST BEFORE I STARTED HERE TOO) AND I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW I WASN'T GOING DOWN BUT LIKE 1 SIZE IN PANTS. MY SHIRTS I ORDER FOR WORK WENT FROM 2X/3X TO XL. BUT MY PANTS ONLY WENT DOWN A SIZE. SO I THOUGHT. I AM STILL WEARING MY JEANS FROM BEFORE AND THEY ARE REALLY BAGGY, I CAN PULL THEM DOWN WITHOUT UNBUTTOMING THEM. WELL AWHILE BACK I BOUGHT SOME JEANS AND THEY WERE A SIZE SMALLER AND THEY ARE TOO BIG TOO. BUT WHEN I WAS COMPLAINING I WASN'T GOING TO STORES AND TRYING NEW SIZES.

WELL YESTERDAY ME AND MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND WENT TO THE MALL. OFCOURSE HE GETS HIS JEANS IN THE POPULAR AMERICAN EAGLE. SO IM LOOKING AROUND AT ALL THESE LIL CLOTHES FOR WOMEN AND I SEE SOME YOGA PANTS THAT ARE REALLY CUTE AND OFCOURSE THE BIGGEST SIZE THEY HAVE IS A XL THAT ACTUALLY TO ME LOOKS LITTLE. SO MY HUSBAND COMES OUT OF THE DRESSING ROOM AND SEES ME LOOKING AT THEM AND TELLS ME TO GO TRY THEM ON. I'M LIKE WELL NO, THEY WILL THROW ME OUT OF HERE TRYING ON THESE LIL CLOTHES. MY HUSBAND KEPT ON TIL I GAVE IN AND WENT TO TRY THEM ON .

THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I WAS SO SHOCKED AND THEY FIT RIGHT. I ALMOST CRIED RIGHT THERE. SO THEN WE GO TO OLD NAVY(STILL LOOKING FOR WORK OUT PANTS) SO I FOUND SOME REALLY CUTE PANTS TO WORK OUT IN AND I WAS SO GLAD THAT THEY SOLD XXL. MY HUSBAND WOULD NOT LET ME TRY THE XXL ON, HE SAID THEY WERE TO BIG TO BRING THE XL IN THE DRESSING ROOM. THEY FIT AND WERE NOT SNUG AT ALL . I GIVE IT TWO WEEKS AND I MAY BE IN A LARGE. MY HUSBAND SAYS I NEED TO STOP THINKING LIKE I DID 45LBS AGO WHEN IT COMES TO CLOTHES
BUT THAT'S SOMETHING THAT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME. ALL MY TSHIRTS ARE SO BIG ON ME I CAN NO LONGER WEAR THEM. SO NOW IM JUST TRYING TO GET USED TO WEARING THINGS THAT ACTUALLY FIT THE NEW ME. I'M NOT DONE BUT I'M ON A VERY GOOD ROAD TO A HEALTHY AND HAPPY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I know what you mean about clothes, mine were all baggy and loose and so I didn't realize the difference until I went shopping... now I LOVE to shop, although I am still in the misses or plus size... I can shop at any store now, rather than just the BBW stores. To get an outfit at Kohls was amazing...
  • April0815
    Options
    That's so great! I know what you mean about clothes, mine were all baggy and loose and so I didn't realize the difference until I went shopping... now I LOVE to shop, although I am still in the misses or plus size... I can shop at any store now, rather than just the BBW stores. To get an outfit at Kohls was amazing...

WATS BBW STORES
  • April0815
    Options
    bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - way to go!!!
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    I remember that thread/forum you did. I am so excited you are seeing results! that is great!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

And i know the feeling about wanting to just cry out of pure excitment and seeing the results you have worked so hard on. I am glad you are seeing those results and wish you the best of luck in meeting your other goals on getting into your even smaller clothes. That goal is not far away...keep working hard and you will be in those larges...hell even mediums before long.

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

WATS BBW STORES

"big beautiful women"
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    :happy: :sad: :happy: omg - I was in tears by the time I finished reading your post. Way to go - you are certainly on your way!! XXXL - XXL - XL- L - M Woohoo!!! :flowerforyou: Visual it - and you'll see it happen!
  • April0815
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!!!!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations! I've gone from a tight 14 to a 10 so far and recently went shopping for a trip with my husband for our anniversary. I have been living in jeans and t-shirts or polos for work for so long now that I had no idea how to shop for this trip (since I wanted to look sexy for him! :blushing: ) I know how you feel when something fits and looks good on you that you weren't expecting too. both nights we go out on our trip I am wearing skirts! I never wear skirts or dresses but I actually feel good in these and don't mind showing off my legs now that I have a little muscle definition from working out! :)

You are doing great and I agree with your husband don't sell your progress short. Take a real look at the new you (and repeat this along your journey) and realize how far you've come and what losing those pounds has done for your body! Keep up the good work! You are doing great!
  • April0815
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations! I've gone from a tight 14 to a 10 so far and recently went shopping for a trip with my husband for our anniversary. I have been living in jeans and t-shirts or polos for work for so long now that I had no idea how to shop for this trip (since I wanted to look sexy for him! :blushing: ) I know how you feel when something fits and looks good on you that you weren't expecting too. both nights we go out on our trip I am wearing skirts! I never wear skirts or dresses but I actually feel good in these and don't mind showing off my legs now that I have a little muscle definition from working out! :)

You are doing great and I agree with your husband don't sell your progress short. Take a real look at the new you (and repeat this along your journey) and realize how far you've come and what losing those pounds has done for your body! Keep up the good work! You are doing great!

Thank you so much!!! Everything you said is so true. I do sell myself short. I didn't realize how much 45lbs really was until I put clothes on that fit. For work all I have to wear is jeans and t-shirts or polos too, unless we have a function we have to set up at work. Last week we had one and I had to wear jeans an undershirt(tank top in red) and a White long sleeve button down with only the last two buttons buttoned. Ok i wanted to die cause I don't wear white. I had no choice in the manner well when I put this on it looked great I received more comments like "April you sure have been covering up or " look at April without work clothes. I have seen alot of shows that have guests that have lost over 100lbs and go on there and say they still look and think like the person before they lost the weight and see the same person as before. I couldn't understand it I do now. It's hard to get out of that way of thinking.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! Everything you said is so true. I do sell myself short. I didn't realize how much 45lbs really was until I put clothes on that fit. For work all I have to wear is jeans and t-shirts or polos too, unless we have a function we have to set up at work. Last week we had one and I had to wear jeans an undershirt(tank top in red) and a White long sleeve button down with only the last two buttons buttoned. Ok i wanted to die cause I don't wear white. I had no choice in the manner well when I put this on it looked great I received more comments like "April you sure have been covering up or " look at April without work clothes. I have seen alot of shows that have guests that have lost over 100lbs and go on there and say they still look and think like the person before they lost the weight and see the same person as before. I couldn't understand it I do now. It's hard to get out of that way of thinking.

I know what you mean. I've been getting a lot of compliments/comments at work about me looking so "skinny" (I'm 0.6 lbs away from losing 20lbs, which is halfway to my goal!) and while I feel like I look a lot better than I did 5 months ago I don't feel "skinny" yet! I was "skinny" in H.S. and I remember that person as "skinny" but I realized yesterday that the people I work with have never seen me as small as I am now! They didn't know me when I was "skinny" and I weigh less now than I have the entire time I've worked here! Even though we see some of the progress we've made it is hard to see what others see. Every once in a while I try to take a moment to stop and look in the mirror, either with something more fitted on or when I change clothes or something and think back to what I used to look like and realize how much my body has changed. You are doing fabulous! Keep it up!
  • April0815
    Options
    :smile: bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!