need some healthy but convenient snacks

Options
I guess it's about blood sugar, but I always find a carb loaded snack (bread/toast/cereal bar) - which is often also loaded with fat - seems to hit the spot much more than fruit or something similarly healthy! Hence I have greater motivation to eat stuff like this than the healthier stuff!

So I'm on the lookout for ideas for snacks that hit the spot but that don't push up my cals and fat too much! I do some baking at home, but don't have a lot of time, so things that are either ready made or quick to make would also be great!

Tall order? I hope not!

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I like trader joe's freeze dried mangoes or banana slices...
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I bought a dehydrator to dehydrate fruits and beef Jerkey. Aside from that I make my own granola bars (I usually pack mine with healhy fats like peanut butter and sunflower seeds, but you could do less of that and more oats) and I recently discovered making my own yogurt. I like yogurt and blueberries!
  • ebeth15
    ebeth15 Posts: 3
    Options
    cracked pepper Triscuits with Babybel cheese or hummus
    Chobani Greek yogurt (I used to hate yogurt, but have come to really love this!)
    almonds
    a sandwich thin (100 calories) spread w/ Better'n Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's (50 cal/Tbsp)
    frozen grapes (helps me curb my craving for ice cream)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    String cheese
    Laughing cow cheese with whole grain crackers
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Hard boiled eggs
  • chestnutbrown
    Options
    great ideas everyone, thanks!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My snacks: Fruits, 1/2 cup of Pistachios, 1/4 cup of a variety of trail mixes, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, tomatoes,and 2 TBSP humus with about three medium celery stalks. Working on adding some variety, but these are my favorites.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    jerky, nuts, thomas mini bagels with laughing cow light wedges, lean cuisine garden vegetable dip with a pita pocket, kettle corn 100 calorie popcorn bags