Options
2»

Replies

• maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I wear *tight* leggings.
    A) less jiggle
    B) if they're not tight, they'll start slipping down when you run. Noooooot a good thing... I've had it happen :yawn:

Even when I was heavier (155 with ZERO muscle or athletic ability) they seemed way more flattering than shorts(:

I get almost all of mine at Marshalls; I actually just bought some more yesterday because I outgrew my old pair! :happy:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You can go to sporting goods stores and check clearance racks for under armor stuff. I found a pair of compression capris there the other weekend for $20!
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look for "compression" anything. And, if it feels too tight, it's perfect. You don't want them to roll down or start sagging (mistake I made once) or else you have to hike them up every few steps.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I not sure if I would want to run in something like spanx. I would get pretty hot layering like that. I say go with compression tights or shorts. I get mine at all the places mentioned (Old Navy, JC Penney's and TJ Maxx).
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Spanx under the running pants or compression pants. It's the only way.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of bike shorts...the material is thicker so it contains the jiggle...then I throw a pair of lightweight shorts over them (not so comfortable in tight clothes)....that does the trick just fine and the shorts have a nice inner pocket for my keys.

I agree(: Mainly because shorts ride up :grumble: so this way it's all good(;
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Under Armor compression gear (capris, tights). They hold me in SO well! I usually get them at the outlet so they're a little cheaper.
  • Pamdiane82
    Pamdiane82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes I def agree check out Old Navy for the compression capris!
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Academy Sports carries a brand called BCG. It is very inexpensive.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I get leggings, and sports bras at ****'s Sporting Goods, Kohls, Target, and other places already mentioned. I buy them good and tight and then wear a looser pair of shorts or t-shirt over top to disguise the bulgy bits. I don't mind being warm, HATE being cold. And I buy my cold weather gear on clearance in the spring if I can find a sale on UnderArmor. And if not, well, Walmart has a decent performance line and I have seen some at JCPenney although wasn't actively shopping for sportswear at that point so didn't check it any further.
    Good luck! Let us know what you find!

Oh and Old Navy is having a Friday the 13th- 13% off sale for online orders today... :)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Like others above said, compression shorts/spandex and shorts over them. Shorts so that I don't get too hot, and as long as I keep moving, I won't be cold. (and, I hate running in pants!) I wear lighter-weight spandex (mine are Reebok, from D!cks sporting goods, cuz they are the cheapest ones there), it keeps most things from jiggling, enough so that I'm not so self-conscious. Also, be aware that there are different lengths of compression shorts/spandex, if I get them too short, they just ride up. I need the 7" inseam ones, and I'm about the same height as you. (but I carry most of my weight where the spandex are! lol)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some great active wear. This particular pair is quite supportive: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=77639&vid=1&pid=885284&scid=885284032
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!! Ill be hitting up khols, Marshall's and old navy tonight :)
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Both Target and Old Navy have perfectly acceptable compression leggings for under $35. I use both of the below leggings and love them. I would buy your normal size, their cuts are average.

Target: http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Womens-Premium-Reversible-Knee-Tights-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13739483

Old Navy: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810761
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Wound up getting a $30 an a $35 pair of compression tights from old navy on clearance for $26 total with tax and a $30 pair of the tek gear from kohls for $15! Thanks again everyone my booty will thank you on Monday's run when its not jiggling!!