star jumps

Options
are star jumps actually worth doing, does anyone know how many calories you can burn from doing around 100 star jumps?
also does anyone know any good exercises to work the arm muscles and get rid of bingo wings without working the chest ??!

Replies

• hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but What is a star jump?
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but What is a star jump?

you don't sound stupid, I was thinking the same thing...what is a star jump?
  • sonn
    sonn Posts: 1
    Options
    about tackeling "bingo wings" !!

if you stand arms lengh away from a wall with your hands flat against the wall shoulder width apart !
    then with the top half of your body , like a stand up press up to the wall and back again do that 10 times and then repeat after 10 seconds , do that 4 times (so 40 ) all in all !! (every day)

it really works my "bingo wings" are gone now ! i do them every time i have five mins ;0)

good luck and have fun
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOL, never heard of bingo wings, but I looked it up. Underarm fat, very unique term.

Star jumps are a (european?) term for jumping jacks, and yes, they are good for you. Generally they should be done as part of a full routine, but they get the blood flowing, work the calves, knees, and gluts pretty well and also give you a little cardio.

Do those in conjunction with other types of cardio activities to give you a slight resistance aspect to your cardio. 100 probably isn't going to do all that much though on it's own, as that's only about 3 to 5 minutes worth. It'll help some, but better if you encorporate it into a full workout program.
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    about tackeling "bingo wings" !!

if you stand arms lengh away from a wall with your hands flat against the wall shoulder width apart !
    then with the top half of your body , like a stand up press up to the wall and back again do that 10 times and then repeat after 10 seconds , do that 4 times (so 40 ) all in all !! (every day)

it really works my "bingo wings" are gone now ! i do them every time i have five mins ;0)

good luck and have fun

what do you mean by "like a stand up"???