Wedding Colors

Options
AMaro215
AMaro215 Posts: 78 Member
So I am confused at what I should do!! We are having an October wedding on a farm/ barn reception. We are focusing mostly on the country aspect but I do love fall time.

I was thinking brown, dark red and orange for my wedding colors but didnt know if they are definetly what I want... I have always loved chocolate brown and light blue/robins egg ble together but do they go with a country farm themed wedding??? My centerpieces are black lanterns with square mirrors under them... Had a few good ideas fron my mfp friends to put a square or circle placemat under the mirror to seperate the centerpiece from the table cloth color... I dont know why but I think I want brown tablecloths But possibly white. Im so mixed up with all this...if my main two colors were going to be brown and dark red, are they too dark together??? Im thinking brown tablecloth, red/white/ or orange napkins and a placemat under the centerpiece...or if I went with brown and light blue...brown tablecloth, light blue napkins.....ahhh I dont know... Anyone have any advice or ideas???

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on weddings by any means, but I think that a cranberry base with a lighter pink to offset the warmer tones.

I think a bold, fiery orange works with a dark brown. Especially if you have really dark brown woods in the furniture.

What do you think of around the fall? Earthy, transitional colors. I would replace whites [except the bride's dress] with cream-colored, or possibly tan, accents.

Again, not a wedding expert. But if it helps, I've always scored perfectly on the Farnsworth Arrangement test.
    -wtk
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree with above poster that maybe cream or ivory tones instead of white would be nice.

Have you already chosen dresses for your maids?

No matter what you do... It will look wonderful! I love your lantern idea :)
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in October as well! CONGRATS! We chose black and different blues but going for a night club feel. If you do cream colors and add different blues and maybe a pop of Orange here and there...that would be cute. Also, we are doing little glass bottles with tea bags and honey packets tied in tweed as gifts to everyone....you know that song "if you be my honeybee, Ill be your sweet iced tea" song? That will be tied to it :blushing:
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    yayy October!!!! Mine is in November, we're doing a "fall color pallet" reds, oranges, browns, pinks....and PUMPKINS!!!! ;)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    you better join pinterest :)
  • kristi_asco
    kristi_asco Posts: 183
    Options
    cranberry (dark maroon) and gold! my sister had this for her wedding in October and the colors looked absolutely beautiful in the outside photos with the leaves changing! :)
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    There are tons of websites that show examples of wedding color combinations by current trend, season, etc. I got married last August, and found that the amount of information out there was almost overwhelming, but I also found a lot of great ideas that wouldn't have occurred to me. I'd advise googling for ideas, and remember that there isn't any "right" or "wrong". It's your wedding. It will be unique. You and your future husband should have whatever makes you happy.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

FOR REAL. Your wedding will be planned in 5 minutes.

One of my friends got married last October on a vineyard and her colors were like a deep burgundy, sage green, and cream. It was SO beautiful!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's your wedding. You get to make up all the rules. If you want brown & robin's egg blue (love that color combination -- it's in my spare bedroom), do it!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My brother used chocolate brown and green for his Sept wedding. It was gorgeous. I bet brown and blue would be really pretty too.

I got married in Sept and used burnt orange, cranberry, gold and other fall colors. Made center peices with acorns, nuts and leaves.

Have fun with it.
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding!! Mine is in 14 weeks....eeeek!!!

My friend got married and had the maids in chcolate brown, gents had brown suits and ivory waistcoats and her dress was ivory - they set it off by using firey orange in the flowers and for the mens cravats and it looked absolutely fabulous :happy: would highly recommend for Autumn.

I'm having all different pinks and ivory for mine as it's Summer x
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options

ha ha ^ this!

I like the brown with cream, oranges, fall colors as well. Soooo many ideas on Pinterest.
    Use cut out pumpkins for vases, ice buckets....all kinds of things!!

Do what YOU love and congrats!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I think with brown and dark red, throw some soft yellow in the mix to break up the 2 dark colours and add some contrast. :) Plus soft yellow will go nicely with robin's egg blue, and orange if you keep those in the mix as well! :)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Soft pink or cream/ivory are nice with chocolate brown. I like the robins egg blue as well, but if you want a little more feminine I would opt for pink! Just my thoughts..Congrats and best wishes! :smile:
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the pinterest idea! I had the majority of my wedding mapped out when I got on it, so I was finding new things thing, oh man, that would have been awesome! I did find a neat idea for table numbers though. Since our theme is "CanAmerica" (so dorky but I am Canadian and he is American), and our colours are mostly red and white with a bit of blue. I didn't want to overkill the colour theme, but the table numbers are going to have a photo of us at the relative age of the table number. So table one would have a photo of us both taken at around age 1, table two, age two etc. This way, it has a hint of the CanAmerican theme, (since we are each citizens of one of those countries) but will be super subtle.
  • AMaro215
    AMaro215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! This is just really starting to stress me out. I visited the barn last night so my parents could see it and I dont even know where to start with the decor, let alone think of good ideas... I just tried the pintrest website, do I just go under the wedding category? I think I will stick with the brown, dark red and orange since its going to be fall but need to figure out how to incorporate the colors into everything.