Help with TDEE

Options
Okay, I have used online equations to figure my BMR and TDEE, but I'm still a little perplexed when it comes to measuring calorie needs and deficits for weight loss. Here are my stats:

Current weight: 246
Height: 5'4"
Frame: Large

I calculated my BMR to be 1889

My TDEE is where I get confused. Using an online calculator, it gives me the following:

No exercise days: 2261
Exercise 1-3 days: 2591

So, if I want to lose 2 pounds a week, I need a 1,000 calorie deficit. I normally work out 50 minutes 4 days a week, cardio and resistance training. So, do I subtract 1000 from 2591 to get a goal of 1591? But, thats below my BMR. Should I do that? On days I don't workout, should I eat 1261 (2261-1000)?

I have been loosing doing it this way, but I've read so many people who say not to eat below your BMR. But, I feel like I'm overeating when I eat 1800 cals a day.

I don't have a HRM, but I estimate my workouts burn 450 cals per session. I do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 3 and 4 mile walks using the stretchy band. I log it as walking 4mph, which according to MFP is about 450-500 cals.

Replies

• chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You should eat back the calories you burned by working out, or at least almost. These calculators are figuring deficit already. If you eat too little, your body will send to your brain starvation mode and you will be losing slower, cause your metabolism will be slower. As you lose, your body will need less and less calories to achieve your goal. 1800 cal is not much if you're bigger frame, it is just what kind of food you v will be eating what counts. Eat healthy carbs, from fruit and veggies, lots of protein, not much fat and no sugar.