Help me pick a vacation destination!

Options
barefoot76
barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
I've got four kids ages 2 to 12. Going on a vacation every year has pretty much been impossible because of having a baby and how expensive it is for so many people to travel. We usually manage to do a family reunion at a cousin's lake house nearby for a few days every summer, and we take a 3,000-mile cross-country road trip every fall to visit family.

I would love to do something different. Grand Canyon? Grand Caymans? I have no idea! Make me a suggestion! I'll consider anything! Bonus points if you know of a way to get a good discount ;-D

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Nova Scotia.
    -wtk
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Niagara Falls, Canada.

The kids would love Clifton Hill, the family would love the Falls/Maid of the Mist, bird sanctuary, butterfly conservatory, and there are lots of great trails to hike on for a free family excursion!
    (And if you're willing to splurge, every kid loves Great Wolf Lodge and their massive indoor water park and fun mini golf course).
    Lots of wineries for you and the hubby to visit ;)

Nova Scotia is beautiful too if you're up here!
    Peggy's Cove, great seafood everywhere, Pier 21, etc....
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Niagara Falls, Canada.

The kids would love Clifton Hill, the family would love the Falls/Maid of the Mist, bird sanctuary, butterfly conservatory, and there are lots of great trails to hike on for a free family excursion!
    (And if you're willing to splurge, every kid loves Great Wolf Lodge and their massive indoor water park and fun mini golf course).
    Lots of wineries for you and the hubby to visit ;)

Nova Scotia is beautiful too if you're up here!
    Peggy's Cove, great seafood everywhere, Pier 21, etc....

Clifton Hill, Maid of the Mist, Butterfly Conservatory, Bird Santuary, and the little zoo they are there are awesome! :wink: Not only will the kids love it but you will too!
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you are Canadian I would suggest Holguin Cuba, just went there in March and it was awesome!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I went to Niagara falls and thought it was rubbish...sorry was hugely disappointed

I recommend Italy, lovely for family holidays, also Egypt, we had a great time, and my Daughter who is a travel agent TOTALLY loves is, Sharm is the best place for families.

I also think Spain and Turkey make good family holiday destinations, very family friendly and lots to do and see. I had a great holiday in Morocco too, spent my 12 birthday there. Depends what you want from it
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This wont help you at all, but my favorite family vacation ever was Fiji. It was expensive, but it was really the best week ever. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I had the money again like I used to.

Now, I just go camping somewhere near the beach. There's always lots to do, never get bored. We can take our bikes and all that, and do some hiking, and camp fires. It's a blast.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love www.travelzoo.com to find all my travel deals. You can select on the city that is closest to you to find deals or select on areas that might be of interest. Sign up and every week they will send you their top 20 best vacations. I have done several. Love the site.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I just got back from Destin, Florida. It was beautiful. We stayed at a condo on the beach. In june going to North Carolina with the boyfriends family and staying at a beach house there.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Puerto Rico! or Domincan Republic. Costco has good deals on vacation packages.