Runners! Shoe review!

Options
Hey runner friends, I was in need of a new pair of shoes and I've been wanting to transition from a traditional shoe to a more minimalist feel (a slow transition, mind you). I'm a midfoot striker as it is, so I figured it'd be a good transition to make. Anywho, I went to one of the specialty running stores here (probably the best one, IMO) and got fitted again, and after trying on about 95 pairs of shoes and running around the store like a maniac, I went with the Brooks Pure Cadences. I really like how lightweight they are and how much more natural of a position they put my foot in while wearing them. Anybody run in these? Would love some feedback!

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I like to go to Luke's Locker where they look at your gait and do a proper fitting. Sounds like you did that, so hopefully they put you in a good pair for your feet, running gait, etc. I have always run in Asics Gel-Nimbus (or any Asics gel shoes). For me, those are the best!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I like to go to Luke's Locker where they look at your gait and do a proper fitting. Sounds like you did that, so hopefully they put you in a good pair for your feet, running gait, etc. I have always run in Asics Gel-Nimbus (or any Asics gel shoes). For me, those are the best!

Ha, Luke's Locker is exactly where I went! I freaking love that place!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was just raving about those shoes. Sounds like you made a good choice :)
  • mrsshides
    mrsshides Posts: 26
    Options
    I run in Brooks Pure Flow and Vibram's The pure project line is awesome and i havent had any problems running in them.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just bought these last week! My knees were a little sore from running in my worn out Brooks so I am still "reviewing" the Cadences. But they feel comfortable to run in them I just wish they were a little wider...