The Final Meltdown 6.9.09

smadag1
smadag1 Posts: 1,368
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Good mornin

Very busy to day trying to get a lot done before I start my vacation tomorrow afternoon.
got a short workout in yesterday and will get another one today and hopefully a couple while I am gone

Hope yall have a great week:drinker:

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Should I start the daily thread while you are on vacation or will you still be at a computer? Hope you have a great time. Kids have 1 more day of school after today so they'll be home with me all day after that with me trying to work....:noway: ....I love having them here but it never fails they interupt me at the wrong time - like when I am on the phone with my boss but he realizes that I am a mom too and I work from a home office - yep - I am so spoiled..

So happy to see my ticker at 70 pounds. Means I only have 20 more to go - doesn't seem like so much after all I've accomplished so far. Finished day 2 of week 6 C25K yesterday, did an hour of strenght training at 6am this morning. Having the itch to jog again today but I know my body needs some rest....we'll see...

I've been thinking of lowering my goal by another 10 pounds but I think I'll leave it where it is for now and when I get there see what happens....if I lost that, it would be a total of 100 - kinda cool to think I can accomplish that - I use to think it was to far fetched but now everything seems possible - I just have to work for it.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    And a good morning to you! Good luck getting everything done. I would say that is the worst part of a vacation, but I think coming home may be worse. Have a great time! Where are you going and how long will you be gone?
    So far this challenge, I have lost 2 out of 8 lbs, and done 3 out of 16 exercise days. No progress on the water drinking yet.
    I noticed that Chrissy's ticker is up to 70 lbs. Woo hoo!
    Everyone have a great Tuesday!
  • chrissyh
    Thanks Mary.

I hope when i go on vacation to be a monster about working out - I want to use the time when my hubby and son are fishing to run on the beach....excited about it - only 6 weeks away....
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    I am just having one of thise days:grumble:

I will be going north to Illinois to see my family I have not seen since Thanksgiving. I will be doing the Susan G Komen 5K walk for the cure while I am there to honor my aunt :brokenheart:

I will not be up early enough to start the thread even tho I will have computer acess.
    Congrats on the 70 pounds that must feel great:flowerforyou: I am just glad to see my ticker moving again.

My main goal while gone is not to undo all the hard work I have done
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Hey ya'll. I know it's been on and off for me lately, but I really need to get my motivation back - and wearing these new size 18 slacks today I think is what I needed. :embarassed:

I'm also going to try out this Couch to 5K program. Chrissy is doing GREAT on it (:heart:), as are TONS of other MFPers (sure there are some here too - sorry for leaving you out!). I'm considering signing up for Disney's 5K run at the Animal Kingdom in early January. I'll be MUCH closer to my goal and that will be motivation. I mean - i've got 6 months to be able to learn to run a 5K - the C25K program is only 9 weeks - I think it's very doable for me! :glasses: Now, the hard part is going to be balancing 2 jobs, workouts, and practicing my singing. But I know I can do it!

So yeah - here's to getting back on track! :drinker: Thanks for all the support ladies!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Welcome back! It's great to hear from you again. Caught your post about the size 18 pants - pretty cool, huh?? I am nowhere near a size 18 yet, but just ordered a few new clothes from Woman Within in size 2x instead of my previous 4x. I was really concerned that they would be too small, because my mind hasn't adjusted to my new size, but tried them all on yesterday, and they fit!! I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until August, but some of my clothes are getting so big they are uncomfortable, so thought I deserved a few. Have a great Tuesday, and come see us more often for motivation!
    Side note: I am getting ready to drink my 3rd glass of water today - thanks for pushing me, Chrissy.
  • chrissyh
    Aahhh - I haven't had enough water today - but I am crashing this afternoon - I need coffee....

Gosh guys- all these nice things:blushing: ....

Opera - you are going to love couch to 5k - it is absolutely amazing how far you go and how fast....I remember going from 22s to 20s then to 18s then finally to regular 18s no plus - absolute elation!! :love:
This discussion has been closed.