Reinforcing Moments...

Options
Happy Friday!!
I'd like to know what are some of the reinforcing moments that make your daily health choices worthwhile. They can be big, they can be tiny, they can be externally driven or not.
I realized one this morning - I moved a notch smaller on my belt. Tiny change, no one would ever know but it made me smile and have that ah ha moment even without the scale telling me so.

What keeps you going??

Replies

• Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I noticed the other day that my thighs are changing shape, and this morning I realised that my arms seem to have toned up slightly and look better, so that made me smile because the exercise is actually working!

Well done on moving a notch on your belt!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mine might be a little silly....but for me it was when my 10yr old daughter asked if we could do a 5k together and start training together, when I catch my son doing squats and flexing LOL, when my step son who hates veggies tells me about all the veggies he now loves because of me, when my pants aren't cutting off the circulation to my legs :), when I go through photo albums from years passed and see the old me who I hardly recognize....sooo many things!!! :)

P.S. Happy Friday to you too!!!
  • kristin2572
    kristin2572 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all!! I know I get so wrapped up in the next goal that I forget to stop and recognize all I've accomplished along the way. It's about the path, not just the end result.
  • jenmfpal
    jenmfpal Posts: 124
    Options
    Lots of little things.... but here is a good story my coworker Stephanie told me today. Stephanie's 13 year old daughter was with her at work yesterday. Her daughter asked her if I'd lost weight and when Stephanie said "Yes." Her daughter said, "You need to find out how!" Funny when a teenager notices your weight loss and wants tips.

Definitely not feeling huge navigating the crowd at Chuck E Cheese was great last month. As is fitting in the chair at the movie theater, and walking past people around machines at the gym! No awkward turns and suck it ins any more.

And I totally love having to take clothes out of rotation because they are just too big!

Thanks for the question, because I'm having a Plateau kind of week on the scale... but my body and clothes are telling me I'm doing the right things... it's just hard not to be discouraged. I loved thinking about this reply and reading every ones!