How much weight do you loose in a month

Options
Curious as to know how much weight do you all loose in a months time roughly

Replies

• mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First month I lost 12lbs and second month I lost 8 lbs. I'm already down another 6lbs this month. I still have another 60lbs to go.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    5-7lbs
  • jessicah16
    jessicah16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @mandamommy - How did you lose so much weight in one month? My profile is set to lose 1 pound per week. On most days, I am very under my daily net calories. I don't know what to do if I am not hungry and I burned over 1000 calories in one workout. I don't want to overeat but I am worried I will get to the starvation mode and not lose any weight. I am new to this site - only a member for about 1 week. I want to lose a total of 50 pounds. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • beccacha
    beccacha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not eating can really stall your weight loss. Try to eat all or most of your calories each day…If you're not hungry it generally means your metabolism is slowing down.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I 've been on here 1 month and lost 15.8lbs. I need to lose 66 lbs.It will take me a long time.I hope to average about 2 lbs aweek! thats alot though,you have to be committed!!!!!!!I I love tracking my food & i joined a gym!!!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am averaging about 10-12 lbs a month :)
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It really depends how much you have to lose altogether. I've lost about 12 pounds since October, and am four pounds from my goal weight.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You don't loose any of it...

You LOSE it.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    MAYBE 1. (<-- and i really can't do much about it)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @mandamommy - How did you lose so much weight in one month? My profile is set to lose 1 pound per week. On most days, I am very under my daily net calories. I don't know what to do if I am not hungry and I burned over 1000 calories in one workout. I don't want to overeat but I am worried I will get to the starvation mode and not lose any weight. I am new to this site - only a member for about 1 week. I want to lose a total of 50 pounds. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

I'm going to go with the previous poster on this one.

The whole premise of this site is to run your body at a very specific calorie deficit to lose weight at a specified speed (2lb/week for me). I've tried "eating less" and hurrying up the process, and for me it's counterproductive. I can't build up the energy to work out, I tend to be hungry and tired all the time, and I burn fewer calories in my daily life, leading to as vicious a cycle as overeating.

You CAN undereat your way to weight loss, but it's no fun and you'll have a much greater struggle keeping it off. This from a guy who has weighed 280, 220, 240, 250, 220, 230, 210, and 230 in the last decade by undereating or massively exercising and going about weight loss through unscientific guesswork and misery followed by congratulatory overeating and regaining all I've spent so much losing, but dreading exercise and "dieting" again because I hate them so.

This time, I'm doing it scientifically, and this site is helping me a lot. I'm taking the time to do it right this time, following the site's recommendations as closely as I can, and this time I'm going to get down to a healthy 200 or below, and I'm going to stick around and count calories for a while to make sure I'm establishing myself into a healthy sustainable food plan once I'm down where I need to be.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If I work really hard, I can lose 15 pounds a month. I've lost 7 pounds so far this month and hope to double that before the month is over.
    For me, the more I workout, the more I lose. My body responds really well to working out, but not so much to just eating less.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 pounds my first month and 7 pounds my second month. I'm in my third month now I am mostly losing 2 pounds a week but sometimes just 1. :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    10 in the first month, and not a whole lot after that....yet
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I would say about 12-14lbs a month loss for me!! But I still have a long way to go!! :)
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You don't loose any of it...

You LOSE it.

Hahaha, yessss!!!! :)
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I average 7-8 pounds a month, but I know It'll become less as I continue to lose.
  • topcat1975
    Options
    I lose about 10 pounds a month, I have mine set a 1.5 lbs a week. Even if I exercise I still eat 1200 a day. I drink a lot of water also,
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Im averaging about 5 a month :(
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Since January, I have lost 5-6 pounds per month. My goal is 1 pound per week.
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body and what you have to lose. I've been part of mfp since december and it has really helped get my eating under control. However, I am bfing and have only lost almost 5 pounds since then (so... about 5 months meaning a pound a month). I am seeing changes in my body composition and starting to really get my exercise into gear and so we'll see how that goes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!