Short-term success - 13lbs in 31 days!

Options
bellygoaway
bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
I am getting to the point where I wish I had a decent camera to chronicle my weight-shedding journey. I joined MFP 1 month ago yesterday, on March 12. Seeing how many calories I consume made me sick. I had never counted calories before. So I started my journey on the 13th. I just weighed in today and have broken the 10 lb lost barrier. I was 370 when I started, and am 357 now. I just wanted to tell some people!!!

Edit:
I have cut out sodas as a daily staple, still once in a while just not everyday. I am maybe a little more active, but it is mostly just the realization of you can't eat 4000+ calories a day and expect to loose any weight. So I eat a little less, but mostly just eat better. I don't know if I have got up to healthy eating, but I definitely eat less unhealthy. The 45 calorie bread from Sara Lee helps, but it is mostly just little choices. Fresco style tacos from Taco Bell rather than chicken burritos. eat some carrots instead of so may chips. Drink more water and less soda. Drink mostly diet soda rather than regular soda.

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great loss for a month.
  • Mojofiendish
    Options
    Excellent effort so far! Keep up the good work and keep motivating people like me who are constantly tempted to eat chocolate! Have a great weekend : )
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    WOW!!!! So awesome!!!! It's these successes that inspire us to keep moving!! So glad to hear about your progress & keep up the good work!!!
  • madmax0412
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! We both are tracking pretty similar weight loss in approximately the same period of time.

Looking forward to hearing your progress over the next few months!
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and great job!! After sticking to my goals for 2 weeks I just shed my first 5 pounds.. even though I'm sure some people will say it was just water weight it sure feels good to see the scale going in the right direction and hopefully i'll be where you are in a couple weeks.. can't give up now :happy:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! keep it up!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    way to go imagine what you will be like in a year, keep up the good work !
  • BeckyDavies83
    Options
    AWESOME job!!! It really is amazing to see how many calories I was consuming once I actually started recording everything I ate.
    Keep up the good work!!! :wink:
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! Is this from calorie counting alone or have you incorporated exercise as well? You are well on your way!!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes please share with us what you did! Congrats...I would love to have that kind of success also...especially since I have a wedding coming up in a month's time!
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    Yaaaay !! Awesome JOB !! whoohooo !!! I'm here on MFP for about 36 days.. and I'm at 11 pounds lost as of this morning. started at 245 and now 234. so I did the happy dance just like you did. Now.. 100 more pounds to go.... we can DO DIS !! LOL..:happy:
    congratz again to ya !
  • CrystalynneSK
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    great job
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I edited the main post based on your feedback to show what I have been doing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!