Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

QUICK PACKED LUNCHES FOR A COLLEGE STUDENT?!

amyy010
amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
Hi I go to college and take a packed lunch with me as there food is a rip off (£3 for pasta salad!) and i usually just chuck i a sandwich (varies from cheese to ham/chicken etc.) crisps and a piece of candy or chocolate.

What can I bring (thats cheap) and healthy and quick to college instead of that stuff? I tried melba toast today and it was delish but sometimes i wouldnt have long enough to eat them.

HELP PLEASE!! :( thanks

Replies

• mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    I pack a turkey sanwich on wheat, a plum (or some other whole fruit) and 3oz baby carrots.
  • lsang
    lsang Posts: 22
    Most stores have healthy pre-packed snacks, like apple slices with yogurt or carmel, carrots with veggie dip, etc. Pack these or a yogurt instead of chips or chocolate, The sandwich is fine if that is what you like, but use lean meats (chicken or turkey) and whole grain breads. Also try packing a salad and putting the dressing on the side. I take my lunch to work everyday...
  • A whole grain wrap with lunch meat, veggies and a low fat dressing?

Low fat Peanut-butter and sugar free jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread with fruit or carrots

Starkist tuna salad and whole wheat crackers lunch pack and raisins

Also, I'm not a big meat eater, but recently I've been eating teriyaki beef jerky because its so low cal and has almost no fat or carbs. Also, no refrigeration required. Take a bag of that with some fruit ? Its pretty filling.