Hi!

Options
I've joined this site in the past (aka i've had an open stagnant account) but it's really about time I stick to it. I've always had trouble with my weight and was 188 lbs at age 15. Using weight watchers i went down to 155, joined the school swim team and reached 145. I maintained this general weight give or take a few lbs for the majority of college and now at the age of 23 i seemed to give up and rocket back to 180 :cry: I don't feel comfortable in my body anymore and feel like my fashion goals are to wear as much as i can to cover the weight. I feel like I'm the "big girl" in groups and I'm starting to feel the way I did when I was 15 and everyone around me was thin. I'm a manager for a retail store (aerie by American eagle) and my dress code is to wear the product. So while my co workers are walking around in Smalls and Mediums I have to be the only one to wear Larges and XLs. It's very embarrassing for me. Working in such a public place has me running into people I've known from high school and early college and I know that it hard to ignore how much weight I've gained since then. So this is it. I look foward to meeting all of you and working together to achieve this weight loss goal!! :smile:

Replies

• free2roam66
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was thin all through school and college too and starting gaining weight with my first pregnancy. I have two daughters now and am about 35 lbs. overweight. I absolutely HATE to run into people I went to school with. But, this site has really worked for me. After only one month I have already lost 5 pounds. So, you're doing the right thing. Get started now and Good Luck.
  • mousyma
    mousyma Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel the same way. I was always thin until I became pregnant with my first child and used being pregnant as my excuse to eat everything in sight thinking the weight would melt right off me as soon as I had the baby...... Well after my second child was born 10 years ago I think its time to stop using the pregnancy weight gain as my excuse for being overweight. Cant wait to get started on this site and also working out at Curves.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Sashasheen
    Sashasheen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! On to day 2!!