Size 18 to WORK!

Options
Opera_Bound
Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
So I started off my journey in a tight fitting Size 22 pant :grumble: - but this morning - frustrated that clothes were dirty and the clean ones were wrinkled from not getting hung up in time, I reached into my closet for the pair of kahaki, size 18 (albeit STRETCH) slacks from New York & Co. I bought these pants about 5 lbs ago and have still felt too self-concious to wear them out. First thing after walking into work, I asked a friend for an honest opinion of if they were 'too tight' and she just looked at me like I was crazy! :noway: She said she hasn't actually seen my figure in months - due to wearing BAGGY pants that just don't fit anymore. :blushing:

I've been slacking off for the past 6-7 weeks (due to picking up a second job, lost motivation, a friend's wedding that I was a huge part of, etc) and although I haven't GAINED anything :bigsmile: I haven't lost much either. :grumble: So, let's hope that these pants fitting are motivation for me to continue on. I'd like to be able to walk into ANY store and pick up ANY pair of Size 18s (and eventually smaller and smaller) and have them fit nicely. I tried on some black linen slacks at TJMaxx on Sunday and they did button and zip - but I still had some cushion at the top - not flattering, but I'm on my way.

Guess I just wanted to say Thank You :flowerforyou: all for your continuous support - even though I've been on the fringes here as of late. I'll get back to it, guess I just needed a break?

Replies

• MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :drinker: That is great! Wear 'em girl!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you.:happy:

I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. I was going on to a hen night after work, and needed to wear something I could get away with in the office, but that I could jazz up for the evening. I had a pair of size 18 black jeans in my wardrobe for aaaaaaaaaages, I'd put them on the week before, but couldn't do them up. I don't know what made me put them on that morning, but they did up, and did up comfortably! I strutted down the street that morning to work. They're now even a little loose, although I'm not able to get in to a 16 just yet!

Definitely use it as motivation! It is a great feeling isn't it?! :bigsmile:
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    You are doing GREAT......Wear them size 18 with proud cause I sure am!!!I know I am going to be wearing a size 12 before I know it!!!lol So just be happy for the progress you have made!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    FLAUNT IT BABY!!! Way to work hard - you are doing fantastic.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I am so incredibly proud for you!! AND thanks so much for the encouragement...
    I am a size 18 right now and I have a closet full of size 12 to 14 jeans that I obviously can't wear.... I am going to get back into them....and much smaller....
    You were just the encouragement I needed this morning. THANK you so much for sharing!!!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that is awesome! Keep it up girl
    That is just what I needede to hear this morning.
    I have a closet full of 22 and 24's and am in 18 right now (The 18s I got 4 years ago;)
    But I have a bin full of 11 &12's!!!!! God Im gonna fit into them again or else!:bigsmile:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Awww :love: :flowerforyou: :love: Thanks guys!

I just went to the restroom at work - and actually CHECKED myself out in the mirror. They aren't as tight as I thought they were! I mean, yes, they're stretch pants and I've been wearing them for a few hours - but it felt good to enjoy what I was looking at.

Thanks again and keep up all the WONDERFUL work! :bigsmile: You guys are such a blessing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!