Herbalife

I thought about using it so far I only use the protein shakes. What do u think about the products are they worth it?

Replies

• sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Generall speaking--and this may not apply to Herbalife, but caution is always a good thing--those shakes are carb shakes rather than protein shakes. They contain an awful lot of sugar, an awful lot of fillers, and comparatively little protein. They're also outrageously expensive compared to a good quality protein powder.

A decent whey protein isolate for instance will give you 27 g protein, 0.5 g carbs, and no sugar per 30 g serving. It'll also cost less (app. $1 per serving, if you buy a 2 lbs tub). You can mix the protein powder with skim milk or yoghurt and fruit to make your own smoothies. Tastier, cheaper and it has the huge advantage that you know exactly what you're putting into your body :smile:
  • dblbutts
    dblbutts Posts: 11
    thank you for that information - I was thinking of using the same thing. Really just starting to learn what I am putting in my body - I have a lot to undo.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Thank you!! I was curious I was at wal-mart the other day thought about using the whey protein shake but idk how it taste but I am seriously thinking about getting it than using the Herbalife protein shakes.
  • I tried it for a week, and it's not worth it. They will try to get you to buy all of their products and while they aren't "bad" things, there are better things out there. As the other poster said, they are more carbs based and you still need protein. You could always just buy protein powder at GNC, or wherever and it's at least gonna have more protein. I also like EAS products as some of the stuff is meal replacements with decent amounts of protein and vitamins, etc.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 847 Member
    This is just my opinion, but there is no reason to use drugs when there are plenty of natural ways to lose the weight. I have found from using different weight loss products in the past that the only true way that I have ever kept weight off is when I changed - and stuck to - my eating and exercise habits.
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    My wife and I did the Herbalife system (sort of anyway). We did the protein shakes and healthy eating. She used the herbalife brand protein and I used my own that I have been using while lifting ans such. We each lost weight, I love about 10 in six weeks but I was busting *kitten* at the gym and noticed big gains (not sure how much she lost)... Something like WW seems better than that... I just used that and this website to keep me accountable for what I am ingesting as far as calories... Best of luck!!!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    This is just my opinion, but there is no reason to use drugs when there are plenty of natural ways to lose the weight. I have found from using different weight loss products in the past that the only true way that I have ever kept weight off is when I changed - and stuck to - my eating and exercise habits.

^^^THIS^^^

and everyone needs a good protein shake
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    I used the Herbalife products once upon a time. I lost over 100 pounds in a relatively short amount of time - so it works; however, I've since gained quite a bit of it back. I used Package C (I believe) - it was the most expensive at the time and promised the fastest amount of weight loss. I did not enjoy being on Herbalife at all ... the pills/vitamins were horrible and the "tea" was even worse!

The pros about the program is the level of accountability. My rep called me every week to log my weight loss as well as my measurements. Also, she was a RN so that made a big difference for me. And it works. Well it should since you're drinking two shakes a day, and eating one meal. I gather I was consuming about 1100-1200 calories a day.

The cons, besides the taste and the expense, you have to keep using the product and eventually your rep will try to recruit you.