PIZZA!?!?!??!

Options

Replies

• sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I hit the pizza buffett once a week. blows though most of my calories for the day, sometimes more than my target, but hey....
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i LOVE pizza! i make my own, do a frozen one, or occasionally splurge and order in my fav! :) i love cheese pizza with spinach and black olives...FAV!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i eat it most weeks, i just dont eat the whole thing and have salad on the side.
    I use Pizza Express as they have a nice thin base and not too much cheese, they are 374 cals for 1/3 of a 12" pizza, or 520 cals for a whole 8"!!

my favourite topping is salami and chilli, or spicy chicken and red onion :-)
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want actually :) I usually have a bag of potato chips a week, and order a pizza a couple of times a month. I exercise quite a lot so most often my calorie budget is very high.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Biggest problem I have with pizza is judging how many calories per slice when there's no nutrition info provided by the shop. I try to find an equivalent in the database, but that's often easier said than done. For example, you won't find THIS at Pizza Hut:

pizza-port-pizza.jpg
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I made my own last night with the kids!! I just bought a thin crust from the grocery store and put my own toppings on it....just a thin layer of sauce, low fat mozzarella cheese and Canadian bacon. It came out to not be that bad calorie wise and I had a few slices!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love pizza! We have a local mom and pop pizza place that is sooo good, thin crust and awesome sausage! We got Papa John's for lunch today...not my favorite but if the bossman is treatin' I'm eatin'!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    1 English muffin, 1/4 cup sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella=238 cal. That's the last pizza I had! Turkey pep. Sometimes but I can eat more if I don't use it..
    mmmmmmm ^^^^^^^ sounds like Ill be making this tomorrow. Im gonna try ground turkey on it.... IM EXCITED!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kashi make a great pizza! Also, as a treat sometimes, i will have half of a Newman's Own with uncured pepperoni ... yummmmmmmmmmm! They're both ready in about 10mins or so!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Two Boots Grandma Bess. MFP says that a cheese slice from that brand is 482 calories. The Grandma Bess is basically cheese, tomato and basil. I've had two slices in the last two weeks.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    been cravin me some pizza.....might have to indulge very soon!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I Still eat it! Just got to make sure I don't eat a whole box when I do.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I make by own I use either the low carb wraps or WW english muffins and pileon the veggies and fat free cheese Yummy Or I have even used portabella mushroom caps and added some plain sauce cheese spices and alos topped ith a slice of tomatoes and they are only like 89 calories each so you can eat 2 or three if you really want to:drinker:
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    Biggest problem I have with pizza is judging how many calories per slice when there's no nutrition info provided by the shop. I try to find an equivalent in the database, but that's often easier said than done. For example, you won't find THIS at Pizza Hut:

pizza-port-pizza.jpg
    currently salivating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::tongue:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    THIN crust, light sauce, light cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and green peppers, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I have Pizza, which is maybe once every few weeks, I'll order a large thin crust, light cheese pizza with veggies. I'll have 2-3 slices (a splurge) and save the rest for other meals....since my hubby doesn't eat veggie pizza.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    I love margherita pizzas with lots and lots of basil. It has to be the legit kind with slices of water-packed mozzarella, not just a regular cheese pizza with basil on top. lol.
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

pizza-port-pizza.jpg

YOU MAIL ME THAT PIZZA RIGHT NOW!!!! I DON'T CARE! I WILL PAY FOR OVERNIGHT DELIVERY! nothing like cold pizza in the morning. :)
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    Two Boots Grandma Bess. MFP says that a cheese slice from that brand is 482 calories. The Grandma Bess is basically cheese, tomato and basil. I've had two slices in the last two weeks.
    Where can i get it?
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

pizza-port-pizza.jpg

I'll be over at 5! Holy effing yum!