How will upping my calories help me lose weight (serious que

Options
13»

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    Ta-Da, here I am ! ;);)

Good advice!

You know my story. I was starving myself, I'm doing 1800 cals (was doing 1400-1500) now I am doing so much better!
  • tiffjeff69
    Options
    Ok so I went on a website that was recommended to me and based on the final calculation it's suggested that I eat 1,824 calories a day if I'm aiming to lose a 1lb per week (which was recommended).....I was surprised that the number was that high but I think I may give it a try. I know that everything needs an adjustment period before truly seeing results though so I'm not sure how long I should continue but I guess I'll just listen to my body! Thanks so much for all of the positive and helpful feedback! Things are begining to make sense!
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think that you have to up slowly. 100 to 200 calories at a step. And you have to make a counsous effort to make all of your calories good ones. It's better for you in the long run. And if you work on making your body a calorie burning macheene how much fun could that be? Yum eventually you could have a (one) mcflurry once in a while, and it won't matter.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200 for a long time, close to a year, and stopped losing. Since I upped to about 1340 (days I don't work out), I have lost...it's amazing but it works!