Stuck.. and not liking it even a lil bit :(

Valtishia
Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I was stuck at a plateau for 5 weeks then I lost 1 1/2 lbs so I thought the plateau was over but last friday and up until today the scale has not moved even a lil bit. I am getting frustrated. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Replies

• mxhelili
    mxhelili Posts: 33
    i've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs for the past..oh say.........year! i honestly think that my body does not want to lose more weight, and i would have to drastically change my workout routine in order to see results (i have not yet done this, sticking to my convenient treadmill that has become all too easy). so i think that's the solution, that i've read in various sites. if you hit a plateau, you change your workout routine : try sprinting, it's apparently the best thing to get you out of a rut.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I agree with the running - it's really boosted my loss in the month that I've been doing it.

Make sure you are eating enough too.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    It probably means you need to weight every 5 weeks. I see changes usually every four weeks. I had a fight with my body about this. I expected it to show a loss every week. However, my body won the fight and now I am resigned to see changes once every 4-5 weeks.
  • I know you are frustrated but continue on eating right and working out........You can do it don't give up Keep moving forward things will get better.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    maybe you need to kick up your workouts....change them up a bit....
    Good luck!! Congrats on your 50lbs that you have already lost!!!!!!
  • Valtishia
    Thank you for all the ideas.
    If anyone is willing to peak at my food diary and such I would appreicate some feedback if you have any:)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    The trick is to switch up your workout. Add in some intervals or even a little circuit training. Always keep your body guessing and it should continue to work with you, not against you on the scale.

Also make sure you are eating enough calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hold onto every pound.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Your food intake looks okay but make sure you are consuming enough cals for the day. I did see in your diary that on one day you didn't even get to 1000 cals.
    I myself have had a steady weight loss every week be it 1 lb up to 2 1/2 lbs a week for the last 2 1/2 months.
    You should really think about changing up your excercise routine every 2-3 weeks. This way your body does not get use to one thing. Also what might help to burn more cals. in your excercise is to do what is called sprints. What this is you would go at a good pace for about 1-2 minutes and then go as fast as you can for up to 30 seconds ( go as fast as you can until you just can't do another step) and then go at a good pace and then as fast as you can. You do this for your whole routine. this is what I do and I burn a ton of cals plus when you do sprints that actually helps to burn fat cals.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    If anyone is willing to peak at my food diary and such I would appreicate some feedback if you have any:)

I think what you are eating looks ok but make sure to eat almost all your calories. The one day you earned over 1000 calories from exercise and didn't eat any of them. You only took in a little over 1200 calories for the day, minus exercise would have made it only around 200. :noway: Hope this helps some. :happy:

Oh, and I am going to come to your house so that I can eat with you. :laugh:
  • Valtishia

I think what you are eating looks ok but make sure to eat almost all your calories. The one day you earned over 1000 calories from exercise and didn't eat any of them. You only took in a little over 1200 calories for the day, minus exercise would have made it only around 200. :noway: Hope this helps some. :happy:

Oh, and I am going to come to your house so that I can eat with you. :laugh:

Thanks for the positive words and the time you took to chek out what I am doing.
    I know for sure that eating is something I have to work on. I have such a hard time getting all my calories in and not feeling like a stuffed pig... I hate that really full feeling. I tend to stay away from starches as much as I can but try to have a few each day... maybe upping my starch a little bit would help me with that.
  • Take a few days off your diet. Eat calorie at your maintenant (sp?) level so you body does not think you are on diet. Then go back to your diet, change your workout routine, schedule.
    I like do HIIT on rowing. I also starts to do Tabata.
  • Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    dont forget about your resistance training. If youve only been focusing on cardio, you may have lost a good bit of weight, but a lot of that might have been lean muscle mass. the less muscle you have, the less calories you burn and the lower your metabolism. Which can make your body think its starving, as it does need its muscle. I was once a lot smaller, and very weak. I had dieted my way to skinny and muscleless. And as soon as I stopped dieting, I gained all the weight back. o, and btw, you totally kick butt already, youve lost 50 lbs! Even if the rest is a slow go, you still need to be proud! :flowerforyou:
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    I'm just starting, but I'm going to try swimming laps because I've read it burns more calories than other types of exercise.
  • Valtishia
    dont forget about your resistance training. If youve only been focusing on cardio, you may have lost a good bit of weight, but a lot of that might have been lean muscle mass. the less muscle you have, the less calories you burn and the lower your metabolism. Which can make your body think its starving, as it does need its muscle. I was once a lot smaller, and very weak. I had dieted my way to skinny and muscleless. And as soon as I stopped dieting, I gained all the weight back. o, and btw, you totally kick butt already, youve lost 50 lbs! Even if the rest is a slow go, you still need to be proud! :flowerforyou:

I totally suck at the resistance training thing.. but a friend of mine is gonna help me out with that in the next month and a half until she moves away. She is actually taking me to a circuit training class tonight :)
    I am also starting running with her tomorrow so hopefully the change in cardio type will help too :)
This discussion has been closed.