an apple a day helps melt the pounds away!!

Options

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Fascinating. Too bad its crap.

How to spot quacks rule 15: They Say It Is Easy to Lose Weight.Diet quacks would like you to believe that special pills or food combinations can cause "effortless" weight loss. But the only way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you eat. This requires self-discipline: eating less, exercising more, or preferably doing both. There are about 3,500 calories in a pound of body weight. To lose one pound a week (a safe amount that is not just water), you must eat about 500 fewer calories per day than you burn up. The most sensible diet for losing weight is one that is nutritionally balanced in carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Most fad diets "work" by producing temporary weight loss—as a result of calorie restriction. But they are invariably too monotonous and are often too dangerous for long-term use. Unless a dieter develops and maintains better eating and exercise habits, weight lost on a diet will soon return.
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fascinating. Too bad its crap.

How to spot quacks rule 15: They Say It Is Easy to Lose Weight.Diet quacks would like you to believe that special pills or food combinations can cause "effortless" weight loss. But the only way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you eat. This requires self-discipline: eating less, exercising more, or preferably doing both. There are about 3,500 calories in a pound of body weight. To lose one pound a week (a safe amount that is not just water), you must eat about 500 fewer calories per day than you burn up. The most sensible diet for losing weight is one that is nutritionally balanced in carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Most fad diets "work" by producing temporary weight loss—as a result of calorie restriction. But they are invariably too monotonous and are often too dangerous for long-term use. Unless a dieter develops and maintains better eating and exercise habits, weight lost on a diet will soon return.

whooaaaa. ok.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. If I eat an apple as my afternoon snack, I am satisfied until Dinner. I always pair the apple with nuts or cheese string. If I try eating something else, like veggies and grapes or a 40-30-30 nutrition bar I still feel hungry within a few hours. By the time Dinner roles around I'm starving. :heart:
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. If I eat an apple as my afternoon snack, I am satisfied until Dinner. I always pair the apple with nuts or cheese string. If I try eating something else, like veggies and grapes or a 40-30-30 nutrition bar I still feel hungry within a few hours. By the time Dinner roles around I'm starving. :heart:

thanks for replying!! i thought it was a great article. some of it may be phooey but the general messgae is awesome!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • cbart2818
    Options
    I do not really agree that it will shed weight, but it certainly keeps my hunger pains away. Pair the apple with good fats and some protein and this snack works great for me.
  • cbart2818
    Options
    [/quote]

thanks for replying!! i thought it was a great article. some of it may be phooey but the general messgae is awesome!!
    :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

You are welcome!
  • sheschemes
    Options

That sounds great! I might borrow your afternoon snack idea. My sister sent me this article when I told her i was trying to quit afternoon caffeine: http://www.healthkicker.com/754745467/an-apple-a-day-keeps-you-awake-through-the-day/
    Apparently that crisp crunch is what does it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    "Crowding out" is an interesting way to look at things. Although, I disagree with the notion that choosing nutrient-dense foods will necessarily eliminate hunger.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I eat and apple, a banana and a cup of strawberries every day. I think the idea is ...whole clean foods...fruits/veggies..are or should be...staples to this lifestyle change. Better than eating that candy bar per se :) However...if you want the candy bar..eat it if it fits...lol
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I love apples, but they make me SO hungry. Seriously. I can be hungry for a snack, eat an apple, and five minutes later I am famished.

I have no idea why, but it's been like that since I was a kid.
  • cbart2818
    Options
    I love apples, but they make me SO hungry. Seriously. I can be hungry for a snack, eat an apple, and five minutes later I am famished.

Pickles do that to me... but i think it is the salt :) I just keep eating and eating.... surprised I havn't eaten an entire jar before. :blushing:
  • cbart2818
    Options

That sounds great! I might borrow your afternoon snack idea. My sister sent me this article when I told her i was trying to quit afternoon caffeine: http://www.healthkicker.com/754745467/an-apple-a-day-keeps-you-awake-through-the-day/
    Apparently that crisp crunch is what does it.

I love the crunch.. so I agree.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Same here. Combine it with a little protein. Maybe a small piece of cheese or a tablespoon of peanut butter. It helps.