Replies

• joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day actually. I have done pretty well these last few days, but i have been under my calorie goal by a bit. I haven't been too hungry. I feel great without all of that processed crap. (excluding the honey roasted almonds I snacked on today)

Feel free to add me.(:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I want to start transitioning to clean eating, trust me I know this transition is going to be extremely hard. I wanted to know if there were any other transitioners. If so please add me. For my first day, which will be tomorrow, I plan on not having any bread or granulated sugar. Then I plan on cutting out ranch out of my diet and so on. Any who for those who are transitioning what changes have you made so far? What do you think is going to be the hardest part of this transition and why are you transitioning to clean eating?
    well it depends on what clean means to you. But why cut out bread? It's been eaten for many years since the begginings of civilization... I'd take out processed stuff first.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I want to start transitioning to clean eating, trust me I know this transition is going to be extremely hard. I wanted to know if there were any other transitioners. If so please add me. For my first day, which will be tomorrow, I plan on not having any bread or granulated sugar. Then I plan on cutting out ranch out of my diet and so on. Any who for those who are transitioning what changes have you made so far? What do you think is going to be the hardest part of this transition and why are you transitioning to clean eating?
    well it depends on what clean means to you. But why cut out bread? It's been eaten for many years since the begginings of civilization... I'd take out processed stuff first.

Processed bread and bread back then are really different things. You can make bread yourself today with only a few ingredients, maybe 5, and there's three-four times that in a normal package of white bread to make it last longer. So removing processed bread and replacing it with non-processed bread is a good start. The fresh bread I get from the bakery gets mold within 2-3 days while packaged stuff. Weeks.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The idea of clean eating really makes sense to me (to me, that means no/minimally processsed foods and limited sugars except for fruit) but what holds me back is the idea that I can NEVER eat something "bad" again. A few weeks ago I saw a segment on the Today show and the dietician said to make 80% of your food "clean" or whole and the other 20% "other" foods. That spoke to me, because it gives some flexibility and is more realistic for my lifestyle. I am reading, "The Eat Clean Diet" right now for more info and inspiration. Seems that she is pretty rigid, though.

I would love to be able to have friends who are eating clean as well (and look at your diaries to see what you are eating!). Feel free to add me!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have been eating my way of clean for about a month. I dont restrict my diet but what I do is avoid all packaged foods and dont eat anything with ingredients that I cant pronounce. So far it is working really well. I feel amazing and I actually dont crave things like potato chips, chocolate bars, ice cream etc. that were my favourtie comfort foods.

That is a great way to do it. Glad you have found such success!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible, but every once in awhile, I have to have a chip or a personal pizza or deli sandwich. I don't know why I am like that. For me, "clean" is eating high quality complex carbohydrates (brown rice, yams, peas, etc.) with a zero cholesterol protein shake. It has been very effective at losing weight while retaining muscle and energy, but I still need my cheat every now and then. Don't we all?
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible, but every once in awhile, I have to have a chip or a personal pizza or deli sandwich. I don't know why I am like that. For me, "clean" is eating high quality complex carbohydrates (brown rice, yams, peas, etc.) with a zero cholesterol protein shake. It has been very effective at losing weight while retaining muscle and energy, but I still need my cheat every now and then. Don't we all?
    O I think we all do need to cheat once in awhile or we can go a little crazy.:wink:
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You should transition to HEALTHY eating. Period.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You should transition to HEALTHY eating. Period.

"healthy eating" is even more ambiguous than "clean eating".
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Well I'm into my third day of making the changes I want to and found I have stopped being so hungry....no sugars to induce that need for energy and desire to eat naughty things!

I feel a lot a lot clearer in my mind too :)